050 | 𝙷𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚗~𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗

He is the S-rank missing-nin who defected from Yugakure and later joined the Akatsuki, who later contributed to Asuma's death. In the Akatsuki, he was partnered with Kakuzu, despite the two's somewhat mutual dislike of each other since the man's got the nature of a cactus. He was also the second newest member of Akatsuki at the time of Tobi's introduction. Kisame Hoshigaki laughingly referred to Hidan and Kakuzu as the Zombie Combo.

     Fun Fact: Hidan is the only member of Nagato's Akatsuki to have never met Naruto Uzumaki. However, in the anime of Tsunade's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream, Naruto encounters Hidan.

     Rows of bottled alcohol filled Kakuzu's office. Hidan was present among the empty bottles of wine and whiskey.

     "Oi, idiot. When will you stop drinking?" Kakuzu didn't want to talk to the white-haired pervert, although, seeing how the state of his room was after Hidan entered compared to the before, he had to pick the latter.

     "What's wrong with a couple of work partners drinking together, Kakuzu?" despite the alcohol not having a smell, the taller Akatsuki member gagged at the staunch odor of Hidan's breath.
"Your breath reeks! Get out of my room if you have no business with me."

     "Come on, try some-" Hidan reached for a glass and poured, eyebrows raised when there was little to no wine left to even fill the bottom. A frown - unsure if it was a genuine or a feigned one - appeared on his face. "Hey, do you have another bottle?"

     "Hey, do you have another bottle?" Kakuzu copied Hidan's voice that if accompanied with a pick-up line - whether a good one or not - will make everyone vomit. Nonetheless, after saying that, Kakuzu got a new bottle of wine and a bottle opener. The click of the tool made the bottle cap leap into the air and landed between a vast valley of empty glass bottles.

     "You do know those things can kill you right?" Kakuzu remarked, storing the bottle opener away from Hidan's reach, along with other unopened bottles of whiskey, vodka, rum, and beer. He bought them for himself, not for his idiotic partner.

    "Exactly, I'm trying to speed up the process." the mentioned idiotic partner remarked. Downing the whiskey. Without a cough or a gag even though the beverage burned his throat.

     "Hidan. Just because (Y/n) accidentally found your love letter, it doesn't mean it's the end of the world." the older and once again taller Akatsuki reminded Hidan of how you stumbled upon a crumpled piece of paper when you were spring cleaning your room. You knew it was directed to you and was written for you hence the amount of your name scribbled onto the sheet was visible through a single glance. Unfortunately for you, it wasn't signed. Fortunately for Hidan, you didn't know who the writer was not the reason why it was dumped into the trash.

     Hidan had wanted to confess to you for a very long time. A lot of times he attempted to he would be interrupted by something or someone. Example: Deidara being Deidara and obnoxiously calling his name in repeat and soon dragging him away from you and closer to a minefield to which he called his laboratory. And that was just one out of the mountain of misfortunes coming from Hidan.

     Then came a knock on Kakuzu's door. Hidan could already sense it was you so he hid in the pile of bottles and behind his partner. Kakuzu sighed and gave whoever by the door permission to enter. Hidan was right, it was you.

     "Hello, boys. Don't mind me I'm just picking up the trash..." your voice got lower and lower by the end of your sentence when you spotted Hidan behind Kakuzu. "What are you doing-"

     "No reason."

     You shrugged and picked up the bottles revealing more of Hidan's supposedly hidden body. Once you have finished you pulled out a piece of paper and asked the guys who they think it belonged to. Hidan could tell from the back of the paper his signature he didn't get to finish, so what was left were tiny ink blobs.

     Meanwhile, Kakuzu, being the sweet friend he is, decided he should say. " It was Hidan."
And Hidan was ready to throw him into the deepest darkest circles of hell.

     "O-oh... It was you, Hidan?"

     Your question lingered in the air, waiting for an answer. The white-haired Akatsuki dashed to grab your hand and dragged you out of Kakuzu's room; cussing him out in the process leaving the latter throwing his head back in a good laugh. Hidan stomped to the back garden. There a sight of lilacs, primroses, spider lilies, and hydrangeas greeted them in a floral mixture of scent and color. He remembered the day where he left a camellia by your doorstep, leaving you unsure where or who it was from as he pictured he must be as red as the flower he gave that day.

     "Hidan? Will you tell me what's going on?" you sat by the bench beneath a gazebo. Hidan sat next to you, he resembled a child who was about to confess to someone who became the apple of their eye. "Was Kakuzu telling the truth?"

     "Yes. Yes, he was."

     That reply alone made your heart lurch out of your chest. There was silence between the two of you. You had no idea what to respond with. On the other hand, Hidan mentally cursed himself how he was probably acting like a fool in front of you as he held his head in his hands, covering his face. He looked up at you when he heard you giggling.

     "Heh. Never thought you'd actually fall for me." Hidan stared at you, close to ogling at how you took his confession lightly.

     "Do you like me?"

     "Oh, I love you. I actually hoped the sender of the letter was you. Then, when I realized it was you..."

     A kiss on your forehead was given by Hidan. Eliciting a smile to form on your lips.
"So, do you wanna grab a bite some time?"

1023 words

⊂(・(ェ)・)⊃

Check chapters 91 and 92 :D