037 | 𝙼𝚘𝚝𝚘𝚒~𝙰𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚢 𝙰𝚗𝚎𝚌𝚍𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚜

This is (sort of) a continuation from Fukai~Mission.

     Requested by haskelll

     Motoi is a Kumogakure shinobi who is stationed on Genbu, has great respect for B, ever since they were childhood friends. However, when his father was killed by the Eight-Tails, he developed great hatred towards the tailed beast, and that hatred extended towards B when he was made its new host, to the point that it drove him to try assassinating his friend in hopes of killing the beast within him and avenging his father.

     Fun fact: Motoi is a Japanese word for "base" (not a really fun fact but, that's the only thing I found from the databook)

     Note: this happens in their academy years

     Ignoring the whispers from the villagers, you walked back to your home. Usually, you'd wait for Dodai to pick you up from the academy, however, he had to stay at the office a little longer that day. Despite being known for your relations with the previous jinchuriki, you were, known for something else. Other than your great experience in change in chakra nature, with you owning the storm kekkei genkai and the ice kekkei genkai, a great influence for the genin and even other chunins in your village, you were also famous for it. Definitely one of Kumo's pride and joy.

     "Hey, (Y/n)!" a voice called you, pulling you back from your train of thoughts. Your head shot up to see a young man who greatly resembled Furui, his dark-brown, spiky hair, and dark eyes. His most prominent feature is the dark green mark that runs down the bridge of his nose. He wears a grey, seemed to be a baggy shirt. He also wears a light grey scarf around his neck.

     "Oh, Motoi," you smiled sheepishly, quickly returning to curious as to why he was here. "Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be home?"

     "Well, um..." he scratched the back of his neck, seemed nervous for some reason.

     "Motoi, dear, come on! Let's go home!" his mother called him from afar, he let out a sigh, missing the chance to tell you how he felt.

     "Yes, mom!" he waved a hand at you as he solemnly walked back toward his mother, head low and hands deep in his pockets.

     You continued to walk back toward your humble abode. Opening the door you called out Dodai, only to have no reply. You continued walking deeper into your home, your footsteps echoed throughout the halls as the wooden floor creaked at every step. It was quiet, too quiet.

     "Dodai-san?" you croaked out, turning a corner to the dining room. Nothing was different from the looks of it. Clean mahogany dining table with short legs, four grey zabutons, the cushions used for sitting, a small ceramic vase in the middle of the table with coleus in them. 

     "Dodai-san~" you sang out, hoping for a reply from the man. Worry began to rise in your throat, being alone was one of your nightmares. However, sometimes you enjoy being alone. But not now, definitely not now.

     "Oh, hey, (Y/n)!" a voice spoke, you stopped before the kitchen, the man stepped from the shadows; he had short and spiky, dark-colored hair that was largely obscured underneath a stylized forehead protector in the form of a hat. Along with this signature item, his typical attire consisted of the standard outfit of most Kumogakure shinobi including the distinctive single-strap flak jacket, as well as an eye patch was worn over his left eye.

     "Dodai-san!" you rushed up to him and wrapped your arms around him, your head snuggling in his chest. He feels like a father figure to you, you once had one but someone thought it'd be a good idea to kill him (Y/n has limited knowledge about her mom and dad's deaths). And you stayed like that, your face snuggled in his chest, but when you take in his scent, something was something about him just doesn't sit right with you. Though you didn't give it a second thought about it and continued hugging him.

     Minutes passed, he was now making dinner. You can now tell something was off. Dodai usually displays a calm, and level-headed demeanor even when under pressure. This along with his tactical and methodical nature. Nevertheless, he didn't display any of those traits of his that one faithful afternoon. Just his general demeanor and mannerisms and the way he talked, set off so many red flags.

     Weird fact about you, other than being famous for your change in chakra. You've also had deadly accurate intuition when it comes to bad people. For your entire life, You've never been wrong. Well, for the most part. For example, if a serial killer in disguise walks into the room, you're shamelessly baring your teeth and hissing like an irate cat. And this man was just setting off all of the alarms in my head.

     Once he was finished cooking dinner for you, you could barely see a flash of a wicked grin on his face. Too late, you were already taking a spoonful and placing it into your mouth and you soon regretted it. Turns out, he seasoned it with some crushed diazepam, maybe too much diazepam.

-×-

     Your eyes fluttered open to realize you were being carried fireman hold style by a bunch of stone shinobi. Three to be exact. Hand bind by ropes slowly cutting through your wrist with diazepam still flowing in your system. Once they noticed you were awake they made you walk, swaying a little. 

     You silently reached into your ninja pouch but found nothing that was able to help you out of that sticky situation.

     This was the end of the line for you, you figured. 

     Suddenly, you heard the ninja behind you dropped, possibly unconscious (or dead, serves him right) from the sound he made. The two ninjas before you stopped and turned around to see what was going on. One was taken down and the other one jumped back to a tree and hid in its leaves, however, despite that, you kept walking, accepting your faith.

     Seconds later you saw a body falling from the tree where the ninja hid. Head low, you dragged yourself before stopping to see a familiar voice called out to you.

     "Hey, are you hurt?" that voice...

     "Yo! (Y/n)!" that one too...

     Gradually, your head lifted itself and your gaze met your friends. B and Motoi. Using the strength you had left you smiled as B undid the binds. 

     "How did you-"

     "Thanks to Motoi here, we heard noises from your home and we were near, so we came to check what was-" Motoi quickly stopped him by placing a hand over his mouth so he didn't have to hear any of his witless, pain in the ear raps.

     You smiled gratefully at Motoi, "Thanks, Motoi."

1147 words

-)o(-