028 | 𝙺𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚞𝚛𝚘~𝙵𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚛

"If another girl can take your man, darling she's doing you a favor."

     Your mission had been a success with no one getting hospitalized, although you carried a few wounds. Small cuts littered your cheeks and your hair was matted. You couldn't wait to jump in a warm shower and then sleep as long as possible. Lucky for you, that was your boyfriend's favorite pastime and you were quite sure he wouldn't complain about the idea when you returned home.

     Opening your front door you didn't wait much longer before dumping your bag in the hallway. You slammed the door shut and kicked your shoes off, leaving them by the door as you walked into your apartment.

     "Takibi? Babe?" you called out, desperately hoping your boyfriend was home. It had been far too long since you'd seen him.

     Your face lit up as your boyfriend came into view, he had slight bags under his eyes that would have been consistent from lack of sleep, but you were certain this couldn't be the case with your boyfriend. Trying to forgo your thoughts you allowed your body to run towards him, reaching up to circle your arms around his neck tightly. Takibi's own arms wound their way around your waist as he hoisted you into the air, burying his face in your neck.

     "Sorry, I probably stink," you mumbled, it didn't matter how long you'd both been together, you were still self-conscious about certain things around him.

     "Don't care," he mumbled into your neck, his arms squeezing you tighter.

     "I missed you so much," you whispered, taking in his scent. Something was off, he smelled different, though you discarded this thought for maybe he just took a bath.

     "Me too, I love you," he replied, which caught you off guard. It wasn't like him to be so blatant with his feelings. Takibi eased you back down to the ground as his hands still held onto your hips gently.

     "I love you too, babe," you smiled, "Can I shower quickly, and then can we just go to bed?"

     "Anything you want," you leaned up to press a soft kiss to his lips before walking towards your bathroom, eager to wash away the weeks worth of grime from your body.

     Takibi's eyes watched you retreat as he stood silently in the hallway. There was no way he could tell you what he had done, regret coursed through his entire body, he was so relieved to see you again, but he couldn't shake the intense pain that throbbed in his chest. He knew he would have to share his secret with you at some point, the constant ebbing it off was getting to him. He'd never hidden anything from you before, much less lied to you like this. It had been a week since the night he spent with Aiko and the constant fear of losing you was drilled into the back of his mind constantly. Maybe he wouldn't have to tell you, he could convince himself it was all just a bad dream and put it to the back of his thoughts forever. Maybe it actually didn't happen and it was just a nightmare.

     "Babe?" you grinned as his eyes snapped towards yours instantly, breaking him out of his daze. "What're you thinking about?"

     "Oh, nothing," Takibi replied softly, accepting your outstretched hand as you both made your way home. You'd given your final mission report to the Hokage and you were glad to know you'd finally have some time off before needing to go on another mission, hoping to spend more time with your significant other.

     When you both got back into the apartment you shared, you kicked off your sandals happily, stretching up to wrap your arms around Takibi's neck once he removed his own shoes.

     "Finally, we can get some proper time alone," you smirked as you began kissing Takibi's neck gently, making your way towards his parted lips. He captured your lips in a soft kiss as you sighed happily. Flashes of his deceit kept going through his mind as he tried to kiss you back, trying to push the thoughts to the back of his head but he couldn't for much longer.

     "I have to tell you something," Takibi broke off the kiss, his hands holding onto your hips tightly obviously afraid you might pull away.

     "Okay?" you grinned, slightly confused at his timing as your fingers absentmindedly teased the hairs on the back of his neck. He took a deep breath before speaking again, not making direct eye contact with you.

     "I slept with Aiko." 

     The words cut through you like a sharp knife as you tried to look into his eyes to see if it was some sick joke. Your best friend.

     "What?" Your voice cracking slightly as you tried to process what he just said, half wondering if this was all a dream.

     "I'm sorry, (Y/n)." Takibi's voice remained stoic and cold, his eyes darting over your face for any sign of reaction.

     "S-sorry? That's all you've got to say?" you practically scoffed as your feet took a step back from the ninja almost unknowingly to your body. "How could you?" your voice had definitely cracked at this point as your throat became tight, tears forming at the corners of your eyes.

     "You were gone for so long, (Y/n). It just happened, I-"

     "I was gone for too long? You're actually trying to blame this on me-" your voice went from hurt to angry in an instant. You'd been gone longer than planned so he couldn't keep it in his pants. "You're such a fucking asshole, Takibi. What do you think I do when you're on missions? Jump into bed with Kiba? Because I could. You know I could, but I would never do that to you because I was always faithful to you. I love you, loved you." you changed the word and couldn't help but notice the flash of absolute pain that appeared on his face which almost made you regret your words.

     "How many times have you slept with her?" almost wincing when you asked the question, but you needed to know. What did she have that you didn't. The thoughts of how much better she was flooding your mind, maybe she was better. Maybe he preferred her.

     "Once. It was just once. It was a foolish mistake, and I've regretted it ever since. I'm sorry, (Y/n)-"

     Before you could be swayed by his apology or the solemn look on his face you made your way to the bedroom you shared together, shoving Takibi out of the way forcefully as he moved to block your movements. He stood in the doorway awkwardly watching you stuff a bag full of your clothes. He shifted his body weight from one foot to the other while he tried to work out what to do or say, hoping that this didn't mean what it inevitably did.

     "Please don't go," his voice was so quiet you almost didn't hear it over your frantic packing and heavy breathing. You half wished you'd paid more attention to the clothes you'd actually packed, a lot of them probably impractical for the current situation but you just needed to get out of here. You felt embarrassed and foolish.

     "Get out of my way, Takibi." You stood in front of him, the bag you held half-zipped as it was packed so improperly. The male reluctantly stepped to the side as you rushed past him towards the door, sliding your sandals onto your feet before rushing out of the house, scared to look back in case you changed your mind. Heaving the bag onto your shoulders you made your way to the only place you knew you could go right now where you'd be welcomed in without being asked a thousand questions.

     You knocked on the door and waited, trying desperately to calm your breathing down. The door opened and a familiar face came into view and it was only then that you allowed the tears you'd been holding in for so long to fall in streams down your cheeks, collapsing into their arms.

     Kankuro.

1364 words 

╮(╯-╰)╭