ONE

WINTERS WERE ALWAYS SOMETHING I hated, hated the cold weather and hated the short days

WINTERS WERE ALWAYS SOMETHING I hated, hated the cold weather and hated the short days. My mom always loved them, loved doing everything in the snow, and loved the short days, because she loved night.

Sometimes I was concerned with how much she liked it, though it was about equivalent to my obsession with fall. It's safe to say that my life had changed drastically scenes the devastating day two years ago, sadly I can't say it had been for the best.

Josh and I had moved to a two bedroom house, you'd think that would make it easy for him to keep it clean, but that it very different from the case. He ended up selling most of the stuff from our old stuff, including my moms stuff, and almost everything she bought me. He was trying to get rid of every trace of her that was still precent in what I call my home.

What he couldn't get rid of easily he decided to damage, because I was the last part of his life that was a reminder of her. I glanced out the window of the classroom, watching as the snow coated the trees and filled the streets and sidewalks.

My phone lit up from the table as I silently glanced over, trying not to make it obvious as the teacher was still in the middle of the lesson.

unknown- Is this Isabella?

The message read, it wasn't a number save in my phone, though I don't have a lot of numbers saved in my phone much less that most people think I have.

me- Who is this?

My response was short, but upfront as I still had no idea who this person was. I turned my phone off before turning my attention back to my teacher who was pacing around the front of the classroom, explain things we all were guaranteed to forgot by the end of the day.

My phone illuminated again, and my body was filled with confusion and curiosity. Confusion being why would this person be texting me and the latter being who is this person. I glanced over at my screen just to see it go black again, I tapped my finger against it turning it on before I read the message that filled the screen.

unknown- Isabella, I'm your brother.

I had to reread it multiple times before I could actually process each and every word that was being displayed on the screen. Im sure there are millions of other people in this world with the same name, who so happen to have a long lost brother, me not being one of them. I left the message unattended as I though about what my next steps would be.

Do I text them back? Do I ask for their name?

"Bella please pay attention, I don't want to have to confiscate your phone," The teacher reminded from the from of the classroom, making the entire class quickly turn their heads to look at me. I sat up straight in my chair and turned my phone the other way so now when I looked at it only the case was available.

The teacher was satisfied as she kept on with whatever she had been saying before, and I counted down the seconds until the bell finally rung and I could sit and stare at the text message for a longer time.