THREE

WALKING INTO THE HOUSE felt magical, well by the looks at least

WALKING INTO THE HOUSE felt magical, well by the looks at least. The entryway was a big open space, giving you a view of the many doors and halls around the place. There were hardwood floors and white walls, with dim lighting making the place feel very cozy.

"Lets go to the kitchen, I'll explain some things and get you some food," Leo tells me as he starts walking forward, Metteo and I follow quickly behind. We walked ahead for a little bit before reaching the living room which had very high ceilings, a fireplace and a view of the pool and ocean in the backyard.

We turned and Leo opened the door, leading to the kitchen which had a small table and a door leading outside. The cabinets where white while the countertops were white marble, most of the handles all over where a gold color and I wouldn't be surprised if they actually were.

"Take a seat," Metteo gestures as he points to one of the bar stools at the island. I quickly go over and sit down, my gaze looking all around the place with my hands carefully placed down in my lap.

"I hope leftover Mac and cheese is ok, our normal cook is taking these next few days off," Metteo says, placing the container in the microwave before turning it on.

Leo is standing on the other side of the counter, his eyes going to me then to his phone every so often. A steaming bowl is placed in front of me and i'm first bombarded my the magnificent smell the dish holds. I now realize how hungry I actually am so I quickly pick up the fork and start putting the contents in my mouth.

I quickly eat the first bite and continue to scarf down the meal, i'm sure I look like I haven't eaten in ages. Leo shifts catching my attention, I look up at him right when he looks up at me, he takes a few steps back and crosses his arms across his chest.

"You look a lot different then you did as a kid," He says right when a hear the door to the kitchen gently closing and realizing Metteo is no longer in the room.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, confused on how he could conclude that.

"You lived with us until you were two years old and until your mom ran away with you," His voice held anger, very silent anger and I was worried about when he would finally release it.

"Isn't she your mom too?"

"By blood yes," He lefts out a silent scoff, shacking his head and looking down, before looking back up to me, "But she turned to a stranger when she abandoned the rest of the family and I.

"Anyways, enough with that talk I'm sure you are very confused as to why you were handed into my care," He raised his eyebrows waiting for me to agree to his claim, I slowly nodded my head not knowing if I was truly ready for the words that would come out of his mouth next.

"Your father, Josh, died in a car crash. The police found a heavy amount of drugs in his system that was very concerning to them," He waits for a reaction, which I wasn't ready to give to him, whether I should or shouldn't. He takes a few steps forward and leans in, so both his elbows are resting on the very cool counter.