FOURTY EIGHT

WE ALL SAT IN silence the entire ride back, to wherever we were going to stay for the remaining hours of the day

"Can you guys stop trying to speak for me, I'm old enough to talk and make decisions for myself," I say, Leo glanced back at me from the mirror and Metteo didn't do anything at all.

"Bella you just don't get it do you?" He paused, "You can't just do or say whatever you want because in the end you will either get hurt, or do something that I will have to get you out of," Leo said.

"I can handle it," I repeated out loud.

"No, you can't. I know you will never admit that but you can't handle everything. Some things you need help with and it's ok to say that," I hated how soft his tone was, how honest he sounded when they're worlds were clearly coming out of his mouth.

"You missed my point completely," I mummer.

"Than please enlighten me again on what you meant, because what I got out of it was how you expect yourself to be able to do everything," He offered.

"I meant that you have to stop using me, my past as an argument to use against people," My voice was slightly raised, not to much though because it was Leo who I was talking to.

"I wasn't using it as an argument, rather telling him all the things he had caused."

"He didn't cause it Leo!"

He quickly pulled the car over me, making me almost hit my head on the window. He turned around so he was facing me, "Don't you ever raise you voice at me again. This is the end of the conversation, be grateful I'm not punishing you more for this," He warns.

I reach for the door handle, opening it. I didn't know what I was planning to do the moment my feet hit the gravel ground of the quiet road we were on. I mostly stood there for a few seconds, surprised at my side action. I stepped outside further, Turing to go the opposite way we were going.

The door opening beside me rang in my head, before two strong arm's wrapped around me, pulling me to their chest.

"Calm down," Metteo whispered into my ear.

"Why does he think he can just walk all over me, I'm not some toddler that will do whatever he says," I try to wiggle out of his grip in frustration, but he just tightened his grip on me.

"He just cares about you to much, whether he will ever say that or not he does," He says.

"Can you tell him to stop worrying about me then?"

"Thats not just something someone can do hun, have you stopped worrying about mom, or Anna, or Dante scenes everything happened," It took me a couple second to put this comparison together, to register that he was thinking about.

It was true, worrying wasn't just something you could have go away. Wasn't just something that you could push back and pretend wasn't there. I do get where Leo is coming from, and get why he is always worried. We have so many enemies, so many people who want to hurt us.