THIRTY THREE

I SAT AT THE waters edge hearing the waves crashing against the shore

I SAT AT THE waters edge hearing the waves crashing against the shore. It was so calming, just being able to breath in the fresh ocean air as I listened to the waves and the sounds of birds chirping. I just had ate the lunch Sandy made me, which was some homemade pizza.

I missed her cooking so much.

We both ate outside together at one of the tables next to the pool, it was nice seeing her again. Seeing her smile that immediately gives you warmth. If I could describe her to anyone it would be she was the type of person to sit and bake cookies with her family all day on christmas eve. To make sure everyone was ok before she even checked on herself.

She was just like my mother.

"Hey Bella," I looked back to see Mattia say as he sat down next to me dipping his feet in the water.

"Hey," I answered, as I gave him a forced smile.

"We were thinking, if you wanted we could give your mom a grave. We don't have her body but it might help you feel more connected to her. Well if you wanted of course," He said keeping his eyes fixed on the water. I looked up on him tears pooling in my eyes.

"Really," I said as the tears started streaming down my face.

"Oh darling, please don't cry," He said as he pulled me close to him, wrapping both his arm around me as I processed what he said.

"I-I would love that thank you," I said as I started wiping my tears away, "Gosh I have been so emotional," I joked, he cracked a smile.

"We are having someone get started on it soon, we just wanted to make sure you were ok with it," He muttered as he rubbed my back, "You really like it out here don't you?"

"Yeah, its really relaxing," I signed. We heard the back door open making us turn around quickly, there stood Angelo with a very annoyed looking Metteo.

"Aha there you are," He said as he started walking over to me.

"I would think you would be a little nicer to your children who you haven't seen in so long," Metteo whispered under his breath as he followed his dad over to where we were sitting.

"How does this sound, movie night, out here, with candy, under the stars," Angelo said.

"No, she is going to bed early tonight, unlike you she is still not healed," Mattia said.

"Son, I can start seeing grey hairs forming on your head, lighten up a little will ya?" Angelo said making me laugh.

"I do not! I have beautiful curly brown hair that just sways in the wind and gets me all the girls let me tell you," He said as he started twirling his head around acting like his hair was blowing in the wind.

"How am I related to you," Metteo signed as he shook his head at his younger brother.

"I say yes to the movie night, that sounds fun," I smiled at Angelo.