FOUR

MY FEET TOUCHED THE cool floor right when I got out of bed

MY FEET TOUCHED THE cool floor right when I got out of bed. I walked over to my bathroom and quickly started to undress, then turned the hot water on and hopping into the shower. The water felt nice and awful at the came time.

The heat felt so relaxing against my cold skin, but made my body burn wherever small or big cuts were. It was weird taking a hot shower because I always took cold ones in my other house, it was one of the rules he had for me, he didn't want the hot water to be wasted on me.

I got out and quickly grabbed a towel, wrapping it around my body. The bathroom was cool so the towel provided some much needed warmth. I look at my body in the mirror, my stomach was covered with many different dark colors, and my shoulder had a stab wound going right in it. My ankle was still a very dark shade of purple and it was starting to get hard to cover it up.

I finished getting dressed, which was in the same clothes I had slept in because I really didn't have anything else. I exited my room and started to walk down the hall, a limp in my step whenever I put wright on my left foot.

I walked down the stairs, my hand clasping hard on the railing to assure myself I wouldn't fall. Chatter was heard from the kitchen so I started to walk that way, pushing the door open when I arrived.

Riccardo and Enzo were both still dressed in pajamas, having some breakfast that was placed in front of them. Leo was dressed in a fancy suit as he stood by the coffee making, impatiently scrolling through his phone as he waited.

Mattia was seated at the island, where I was sitting them I first arrived yesterday.

"Goodmoring Bella," He greeted as I walked further into the room, making sure I showed no signs of a limp.

"Morning," I greeted back, offering him a smile as I sat down at the table. Mattia quickly got up and walked over to the toaster, waiting as two pieces of toast sprung up. He placed them on a plate and splattered some jelly around them before walking over and placing the plate in front of me.

"You can have mine I'll make something else," He tells me, making me instantly feel Quilty even though I know I shouldn't.

"No its fine, you didn't eat much last night. I can just have some cereal," He reassured. I took a deep breath as I picked up the piece of toast. I took small bites until I finished the first piece and slowly moved onto the second.

"Bella I'm going to take you to the mall around eleven if that sounds fine?" Mattia asked.

"Yes, thank you," I answered, dropping my head slightly as I finished up my last piece, then drinking the rest of my cup of orange juice.