-PEONIES AND A DATE-

I pulled up at the place that I had made sure to rent ahead of time. I needed to shower and change my clothes. The last thing I need is for Lazarus to get a hold of her scent on me. It would drive him wild and possibly even make him go crazy in some way. That's the last thing I want especially since he is around his family and it's the first time they're seeing him in a while. I get out of the car and lock it. I walk to the door. I open it and walk in closing it behind me. I walk straight to the bathroom. I take off my clothes and step into the shower.

I arrived at his family's home about an hour later. It seemed everyone was asleep. Except for him of course. He was up and in the lounging room. He was drinking on some dark liquor. Staring out the window at the ocean. He was lost in his thoughts. "Do you think I'll ever find her? Get her, win her back? He asked. Unsure of his words. I didn't really know what to say. I had that in my hand. I could easily lead her to him. But that would be too easy. I feel he needs to learn the value of her presence by being without it for a little while. I'm sure if they are supposed to be with each other sooner than that things will align in that manner. "I feel like things happen for a reason, she is your mate. So I'm sure there's no doubt that she won't come back into your life again." I said. He didn't say anything for a while. "I hope she does." He basically whispered.

Epiphany's P.O.V.
I awoke the next morning feeling good. I had knocked everything out of the way yeasterday. Today I can actually chill. I'm not gonna lie, the guy from the butcher shop has been messaging me all morning. I've been ignoring it. But now I'll just read it.
Marco:
Hey beautiful, I'd like you to come with me today to pick some grapes and learn how wine is made on my family's vineyard. It doesn't have to be a date. Just a simple experience to learn about Italian wine.
I can have my driver pick you up at 12 noon time.
I don't know if I'm bothering you, it is early.
I hope you like the flowers, they're Peonies. You are named after them.
They symbolize love and affection, they're also roses without thorns.
The messages ended there, I was curious to know what was going on. I get out of bed and walk to my front door. I open it to see a huge bouquet of peonies of various colors. I was in absolute awe. I pick it up, struggling to take it inside. I place it on the dining room table and walk over to the from door to close it.
I didn't know what to say. I can't lie, I've never had a guy make such a move. I didn't want to be easy. I don't know him at all and the last thing I want to do is end up on a property somewhere in the middle of nowhere. With him and I to share space. I don't know him that well, I'm definitely not saying he's some kind of bad person. But I have to be smart. The best thing for me to do is plan something in a public setting. The last thing I needed was to be kidnapped and in a another country somewhere.
I go to my room and grab the phone. Picking it up to send him a message. He replied not long after: Hey love that's totally okay. How about we meet at this restaurant for lunch and after that I can take you on a tour of the city.
I'll have my driver come and get you.
I finished reading the message and thought about it. Did I actually want to put myself through the worry of getting cute. I think I deserve it. I replied back to him.
—-

I sprayed on my perfume and put on my body oils

I sprayed on my perfume and put on my body oils. I actually enjoyed my herbal bath this morning. They smelt super strong. I know that it would mask his scent on my very well today. No matter what I decide to do. I put on my under garments and then I put on my dress. It was white and very see through. I only hand on shorts and no bra underneath. He would get a show today's next so would Lestat. I put on my makeup and then took my locs out of the curlers. It didn't really do much. It just made them a little wavy.

I arrived at the restaurant not long after. Lestat's men we here already. They were sitting at a table far from my own. I averted my attention to my date. I could feel my phone buzz every few minutes. I didn't answer it. Of course he could tell someone needed to speak to me urgently. "You should take that." He said looking worried. He took a sip of his drink. I get up form the table and walk to the ladies room. "What?" I practically yelled.
—-
Lestat's POV-
My men alerted me that she had flowers delivered to her home this morning. Not only that, but the fact that at noon she had been picked up by and unknown subject. My guess is Marco, he had his eyes set on her and now I'm sure it would be hard for him to give up. "Fuck." I grunted rubbing my eyes brows. This can't happen. If he gets one idea of who's mate she is he will take up the challenge and he will mark her and take her innocence. I felt a bit of anger roll through me. I can't get mad anyone. But I told her not to go and she still decides to. I didn't want to do this, but I may have to spy on them. Just to make sure nothing happens to her. Or between them.