-MOON CAFE-

The first two hours of the drive weren't so bad. There wasn't any traffic. But at this very moment, I was jammed. There were many agitated individuals behind me and in the cars beside me. I was onto my second smoothie. I wasn't very uncomfortable. But I wanted to get to Nola in the time I had planned. But that's the thing about life. It never really goes as planned. I rolled my eyes and picked up my phone. There weren't any missed calls which meant that my mom and dad were working overtime or just hadn't noticed my absence as yet.
I put my phone down and turned up the radio. " There is an eighty percent chance of rain today." Said the weatherman. I turned it down and popped in a cd. I was in the mood for native flute music. I needed something that would keep me calm. Speaking of tranquil, it had only been about a good two months of taking a break from marijuana. My parents never really knew I smoked. I think they assumed so because of my whole attire. I was more of a hippie Rasta gyal. Not the typical well of chick.
I was wearing an effortless outfit today. Just a red headwrap, with high wasted camouflage pants, a burgundy cropped top, and boots. It wasn't too much, just simple.
I want to find a medicine man when I arrive there. Perhaps going to a metaphysical store would lead me in the right direction. I might be able to get a job working at one. That would be better than being a waitress and doing spells and helping people find the right crystal and herbs for their practices and needs. I smiled at the thought of it. Maybe I could manifest that and my incubus.
I don't get how a virgin like me would think to do a spell to attract an incubus. That's so dumb. I shook my head at the thought of it. I am turning my music up a bit louder and taking another sip of my smoothie.
********************
I'm an hour away from home. I'll be staying in. It's storming very severely. I wouldn't say I like driving at times like these. It's at about 1 am. I'm exhausted. I didn't stop at any place to rest. I just came straight here. I could tell that I was in the country area. Perhaps a position similar to that of True blood. The population is tiny. Maybe about 2,000. I only heard rumors from online sources that Nola and various other places here have vampires and other paranormal creatures inhabiting those places. Who knows if that is even real?

I could tell my car was about to start giving trouble because of the rumbling it was making. I don't know what it was. It's probably the battery. I was supposed to replace it a long while ago. But I never did. Now, unfortunately, I'm paying for this. The radio went off first, and soon the headlights. My engine automatically died. I made sure that I pulled over at the corner of the road.

Trees surround me. I wasn't close to any local businesses. At least, that's what I thought. I grabbed my phone and looked up the local stores they may have close by. The only place they had was located 15 minutes walk from here. I had an umbrella, luckily. I just needed to bring my bag and guitar with me. My phone was only 40 percent, so it will probably last for the journey there. All I knew was that it was a cafe and a bookstore. I would probably be able to charge my phone there and call a tow truck to get my car. I got the address from apple maps. I unbuckled my seat belt and grabbed my duffel bag.

I slung it over my shoulder and got out of the car. I opened the back door and picked up my guitar, which was in its case. I was brilliant at getting a hardshell case. It comes in handy for weather like this. I closed the door and walked to the trunk. I opened it and took out my umbrella. My duffel bag could be worn as a backpack, so I didn't have a lot of hassle when it came to that. I will probably have to get an Uber to the house. "Fuck," I said out loud to myself. I slammed the trunk and opened the umbrella.

                                                                  *********************

I arrived at the bookstore not long after. I wasn't feeling so great. I'm fuckin' soaking wet. I'm glad that I wore the boots because Its waterproof. So my feet don't feel wet. My pants do, though. I placed my umbrella in a plastic bag and walked to the cashier."May I help you?" Asked a blond-haired gray-eyed girl who was about my age. " I was wondering if there is any free WiFi here and, uhh, stuff like that," I asked, a bit nervous. I could feel someone's eyes on me like a laser burning a hole in the wall.

" If you order something from the cafe, you can get free WiFi and use the outlets. Also, we -are open 24/7. There's also a dinner upstairs if you wanna get food." She said with a warm smile. "Thank you," I said before walking away.

I turned around to see an extraordinary individual. His eyes were glowing, almost inhumanly. I looked away and shook the image of him out of my head. He was exactly what I imagined my incubus to look like. But at the same time, I'm not supposed to be one of those characters who fall in love with a paranormal creature. I'd be cliche.

I turned right and into a small hallway. A purple light bulb dimly lighted it. There was a door at the very end. There was writing on it that I couldn't seem to make out. I wanted to explore. But I have shit to deal with. Priorities first. I turned left into a small entryway, walked up the stairs, and into the diner. Unconsciously I picked a booth by the window. I put my guitar in the area across from me, and I kept my bag on my back. I wanted to find a book and maybe get something to eat. I got up and walked over to the metaphysical section. I wanted a book about tarot. I might practice tarot tonight and get the car towed to a shop close by. I could feel those same eyes piercing into my flesh. I turned around to see him. a police officer.