-BREAKFAST AT ARNAUD'S RESTAURANT-

I awoke the following day to a sharp pain surging through my spine. It felt too tingly for my taste. Almost like I was being placed on a bed that sends electromagnetic waves into the spinal cord and probes hot metal rods on the spine for added comfort. It didn't feel too good. I slowly got out of bed. I was making my way to the shower.
        ********
I needed a good 30 minutes to wash away the regrets of my choice to come here. I didn't ask to be marked. I put on my rose body butter and then my undergarments. I don't feel like wearing anything too fancy. Not that I even brought anything fancy. All I needed to do was run an errand to get my car and find a job working at some weird witch shop. I also needed to buy a couple of things. I finished getting ready and headed out of the room. I walked down the narrow hall to the stairway. I made my way downstairs. Walking past the kitchen and to the door. "Where are you going?" He asked."To run my errands."I said. "I already picked up your car, and if you're concerned about getting a job. I have a slot for you at my company. You'll be my secretary. " He said calmly. I was pouring the coffee into the mug. I looked at the watch. "11:30 am," I muttered to myself.

"I still need to get some things," I said. He took the key out of his pocket placing it on the counter. I grabbed it and walked to the door. "You're gonna wear that?" He asked me.

I looked down and my biker shorts and shirt

I looked down and my biker shorts and shirt. It was a simple outfit. "It's not like I'm gonna run into my husband," I said making while patting my pocket to make sure I had my wallet. "You need a purse; wallets fall out of pockets too easily. I would hate to see you lose money." He said. I roll my eyes and let out a huge sigh. "Okay," I said as I opened the door and stepped out of the guest house. My baby was parked right in the front next to his car. The funny thing is that I'm sure he washed it and vacuumed the inside, which is fantastic. He also took out the cooler, which was a relief for me. I didn't have to deal with the smell of day-old concealed smoothie containers. I snickered.

I buckle my seatbelt and place my attention on adjusting all the mirrors. I forgot that I didn't even get the chance to check my phone. I took it out of my pocket, and instantly it lit up. There were 60 missed calls and 100 texts. I knew that the best thing to do now was to get a burner phone to contact them on. Getting a new phone and a burner phone is precisely what I need to do. I forgot to mention that I left a note on the kitchen counter, which said that I would be okay and that I went. So honestly, and indeed they had a little discretion ahead of time. If I called them or replied, they could ask Leo, the family investigator. To look into things. Which would include the tracking of my number?

That's the last thing I want. I put my GPS on and backed out of the driveway. There was a gate that had to be opened by the guards. Yes, I did say guards. I don't find it hard to believe that this man was the king of this territory. This was one of the most significant homes I've seen in this part of town. There were ten others, but I'm sure they were people who worked directly below him. They were second on the ranking list of local "politicians."

I was on the main road now. There was a long stretch of green trees and swamps. It was soothing to see this in person. I'd been used to seeing Nola through the eyes of other people. The camera operators film the experience of others in this particular state. It's a refreshing delight to see.

***********

I arrived at the local French quarters; there were so many shops and restaurants. The first thing I want to do is eat. I picked a lovely restaurant called "Arnaud's Restaurant" I walked inside. A lovely lady greeted me. She was more of a chocolate complexion. Her skin was glowing, and her lips were so full and glossy. Her hair was in a neat top bun, box braided. She wore a plain white top and black dress pants, which hugged her curves immaculately. I sighed, feeling a bit sad. I laughed to myself.

I was on my way off the puberty train, which meant that the little time I had left wasn't going to help with what I got. That being no curves. I have a little something, but it's not what the average man in this generation would want. "How May I help you?" She asked, snapping me back to reality. "Table for one, please," I said. She nodded, grabbing a menu and leading the way. I follow her to a small table in the back. I sit down, getting comfortable. She places the menu on the table. She then behind to clear. The table of the other plates that I would not be using today. I scan through the menu. About 10 minutes later, I ordered the Creole cream cheese Evangeline and The crepe Florentine.

The food came not long after. I couldn't help but notice that I had what seemed to be an admirer. He was sitting at the table horizontally to me. He had been watching me since the moment I walked in. I made eye contact with him twice. Other than that, I've been avionics his gaze. I noticed that his eyes changed colors from blue to a deep shade of crimson. I finished up the rest of my food and drink the remainder of my tea.

 I finished up the rest of my food and drink the remainder of my tea