-YOU ARE MY WEAKNESS-

I got into bed after putting on my clothes. I had taken a long shower. I haven't seen him for the night, and I plan to keep it that way. I feel as though that was too far. I mean, he's an incubus, but he isn't allowed to have that much access to me. I wasn't ready to go to work with him. He works at police departments; I'll be his assistant. I help him with things he may not be able to get to. His station is three stories. His office was supposedly isolated from the rest of the building, which meant that I would be alone with him most time. I wasn't anticipating this new job with him. I had no possible way of refusing his gesture. I couldn't sleep; I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. I sighed to myself, turning onto my side. I turn off onto my other side.

——-
I awoke the following day to the sound of my alarm. I hop out of bed and jump in the shower. About ten minutes later, I got out of the storm. I dry off and put on some body oil. I oil my hair and place it in a high bun. I then put on a plain tee shirt and the bottom of simple pair of jeans. I didn't want to be too dressed up. I mean, I'm supposed to be somewhat of an assistant to him. I put on light makeup and lightly lined my lips. I put on a clear gloss and walk out of my bedroom. I had a small bag with some stuff in it. That I need through the day. I walk into the kitchen and pick up the kettle. I put some water in it and placed it on the stove. I turn on the stove and lean against the counter.
He walks into the kitchen, his pants are on, and his shirt is unbuttoned. I could see his toned abdomen. He clears his throat just then. I break contact, realizing I had been staring about too hard. "You like what you see?" He asked, a smirk creeping onto his lips. I ignored his question. He was turning to face the stove.
He came right behind me, just them. I am running my hands down my sides. He then takes me into his warm embrace, placing a kiss on my neck. I shiver under his touch. I opened the cabinet and took out a cup with a top. I then pour the water inside and open the other cabinet. I take out the honey and the box of tea. I take out a tea bag and place it in the cup.
———
We walk into the elevator, and he hits level 4. There were so many men in uniform. I'm guessing it's a heavily male-dominated station. I don't say a word; I follow behind him. An older gentleman walked up to us with a smirk; his eyes moved from him to me. "Who is this lovely young lady?" He asked. "Aldan, this is Epiphany." He said, introducing him to me. I held out my hand. He took it, but instead of shaking it, he kissed it. I heard a low growl escape my incubus's lips. "We must get going; I have things to teach her." He said, wrapping his arm around my waist. He held onto me tightly.
Many men were eyeing me like they were hungry lions on the safari. I was the fresh meat they had been waiting for forever. We got to the office. He opens the door, and we walk inside; his office is lovely. "You're gonna be sharing my office with me; I don't want you out there with those men." He said. I eyed him as he took off his jacket. He loosened his tie and unbuttoned the top button on his vest. He seemed frustrated; maybe he could hear their thoughts. I didn't say a word; I sat at the   Large two-seater desk. It's weird; he had two computers and everything else we needed. There was a small refrigerator, sink, and stove inside this office.
There is a couch and a coffee table in the center of the room. "We're going to have a lot of late nights and early mornings in here. That's why there are a lot of things we need. I have a bed in there." He said, pointing to a  wooden door. I was in awe. He walked over to the desk and eyed the office for a second... Before he sat down in his chair.

"So why is it that everyone in this unit seems to have an office, and the people downstairs have cubicles?" I asked a self-evident question

"So why is it that everyone in this unit seems to have an office, and the people downstairs have cubicles?" I asked a self-evident question. It was turning around to face him. "This is a police station. But in a town like this, we must have an intelligence unit. One specialized in dealing with beings of the underworld. The people on this floor are trained agents who came from the CIA and FBI to work with us. Murder is easy to cover up if you're a vampire or someone with more strength to kill and less humanity. That's why late nights will be regular, and I need an assistant." He said.
" Will we be out in the cars doing the tough stuff?" I asked him. "You will be in this office and stay in this office. You don't get to leave the building during lunch hours or breaks. I am the one who goes out and does the tough stuff if the operation is big and they need me." He said.
I couldn't imagine something happening to him. I snap myself out of the sappy thinking. "Nothing will happen to me." He said, coming up to me. He places a soft kiss on my forehead. He pulls back and looks me in the eye. I couldn't help but linger on them. They were filled with so much intensity. "Why can't I go with you?" I ask. He places a hand on my left cheek. I was inching closer to me. "You are my weakness, which means I can have you in the open for the predators to see. I gotta keep you safe and secure." He replied. Placing a soft kiss on the tip of my nose and soon on my lips. Right then, the door opens, and I step away from him quickly.