-HAPPY TO BE HOME-

We arrived at my parent's place. I hadn't seen them since the huge fight between my brother and I. That about a few years ago. After that I left and went to Nola and haven't been back since. My mom was the one who opened the door. Of course she and a very dramatic reaction to seeing me. She basically dropped everything she had in her hands. She walked up to me and gave me a strong hug and multiple kisses. She pulled away and did the same to Lestat. She seemed to favor Lestat a lot more than I. Ever since we were a bit younger. I walk into the house and to the kitchen. My father was having a glass of wine. He was leaned up against the Tuscan themed marble counter. He was eating a square of cheese and observing my sister and her husband cut up some onions. They were deep in conversation. But I seemed to have put a pause to it. His eyes widened and so did hers.

She dropped the knife and ran up to me

She dropped the knife and ran up to me. She gave me a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek. She pulled away. "Oh my gosh, I missed you so much. Look at you, you're all buffed and so cleaned up a lot. Looks like you've matured a lot. Where's the special lady?" She asked. My mood immediately plundered. " I took on a lot of responsibilities when I left, so I had no choice but to mature. She walked back to the counter and started cutting the onions again. "Kieth this is Lazarus, my brother. " she said pointing the knife at me and then at him. He put down the knife and wiped off his hands he shook mine and nodded. "She's told me a lot about you." He said. I laughed. " I hope those things were good." I replied. Soon after Lestat introduced himself to her fiancé.
My father walked up to me and gave me a hug. He pulled away and look at me. "It's nice to see you, I've been waiting for your visit. You don't seem to want to talk when I call." He said trailing off. He seemed to switch the subject soon enough. "Your brother would be happy to see you." He started. I didn't really want to hear that. I didn't want to face that. I just didn't want to go to him and end up fighting him again. It's something I had no energy or time for. I made a mistake, by taking his woman from him. Not I've made an even bigger mistake by taking advantage of my wife and hurting her to the point of her running away from me.
That was enough on my plate. "I'm gonna be here to do some business. I've been, well Lestat he's the one who thought it would be a good idea to come and work." I said trailing off. "I feel like it would be great idea for him to come see you all and I also thought it would be good for him to invest some time and energy into his family business ventures." He said. My father nodded in acknowledgment with a smile. "I'm just happy to see you here." He said before walking to his office.
The thing about my father is that he never was the type of person to get upset over simple things. He always knew how to keep himself balanced. He never weighed his thoughts too much on one side. He always found the silver lining. He never looked at the bad in any situation. When the fight between my brother and I took place it was a bit hard for me to think that my father loved me. I mean I hurt my own brother and seeing his second to youngest son hurt must of made him feel something towards me. But he was so fair in the situation. I could only run away and figure out my life. I had felt the burden of betraying my blood. I didn't want anymore attention to be brought to it.