-DRUM MAKING, WINE, & DINNER -

Thursday-
I didn't expect him to be this excited. I awoke to a beautiful breakfast in bed. I was met with scrambled eggs, toast, sausage, and a bowl of fruits. I also had a cup of tea and a cup of orange juice. I don't know how he expected me to eat all of this. But I tried my best to eat a little bit of everything until I felt full.

I got ready and met him at the car. The guard opened the door for us and we got inside. The guards got in right after us. I smiled to myself and decided to keep quiet. I honestly wanted to see what he had planned out for us to do today. I notice that each day was something different. He took my hand into his and gently massaged the back of my hand. I felt calm and at peace. Not long after we arrived at this cute wood shop. It was more of a center to make drums and other wooden instruments. The owner of the place is from West Africa. Which means he has been doing this since he was a young boy. Traditions like this were passed on to him by his elders.

The whole process started so quickly. "So the first thing we are going to do is find the wood we want to use. I'm grateful to get fresh and good dry wood everyday from the locals. I can't bother with going out and trying to find the right tree. I'd have to worry about drying it. I also don't have to worry about being suprised with a decomposing tree filled with worms." He said. He got the woods for all three of us including himself.
"So the dimensions that I have on the paper are what we will follow. He will definitely help you with that. He's come here too many time not to know what to do." He said pointing to Marco. I watched him as he took by drum and began carving it. He had his shirt of. It was definitely the work for a man. I took a seat and watched him go to town. After about ten minutes my drum was starting to take shape. After that he turned the drum over on its side and took a chainsaw and began to carve the interior. After a good fifteen minutes I was back to working on my drum. I started sanding it down. Then I used the wood chisel to shape the waist.
Soon after we got the drum head and rope. He took over and began weaving and drilling. Soon after he mounted everything and secured it. We added a saying and some paint to it. Theirs looked ver plain but they want me to have the most out of this experience. Plus they spent the majority of the time helping me.
I couldn't lie and say that I wasn't grateful for the experience.because I was. "Did you enjoy it?" He asked. I smiled at him and nodded. "Thank you." I said to him. "No problem my love." He said hugging me and giving me a kiss on the forehead.

Friday-
After lunch at his favorite restaurant he decided to take me to his family's wine vineyard. I can't lie and say that it wasn't beautiful. They have a large strip of land and half of it is dedicated to growing beautiful fresh seeded grapes. Which makes the wine rich and organic in nature. He said the he'd give me a tour of the land.

But we were stopping by to grab some wine for dinner with his family tomorrow. The thing is that I'm not the one to do these things. Go to dinner with a man's family and get super close to them. Mainly because of the fact that it's only been a week of me knowing him. Then again I could use this to my advantage. I'm sure he has a mate and would want to attract her to him. Though making her jealous isn't the best way. It could still work in our favor if he doesn't have a mate. I could use his to prevent Lazarus from marking me. I can allow Marco to give me a love bite and put a ring on my finger so that I can just end this thing with Lazarus.

It's a dumb idea but it's my only way of escaping from his grasp. I hate the fact that he never seemed to make me a priority. All we did was go to work. Before Lestat came around it was just work. I'm sure if he didn't it would still be that way. If Jamie didn't get a boyfriend I would of still been on the back burner.

Saturday Night-

We arrived at his family's home. His brother and his girlfriend were there. His dad have them all the looks. Both of his sons took his genes by the handful. His mom was 55 but she looked like she was 35. So graceful and youthful. We arrived a little late which meant that everyone was already waiting on us at the dinner table. I sat down and Marco sat next to me. His brother and girlfriend were across from us. His mother and father were seated at the ends of the table. We all began to eat. I had to prepare myself for the questions they'd ask.
Before I could even say a word to break the ice Marco got up suddenly. He got down on his knees and took out a small box. We hadn't even cleaned off half the plate. Let alone swallow the food and he's asking me to marry him. I nodded and held my hand out. I was a bit curious to know just how he knew that my mind had been running on this. He puts the ring onto my finger.
His family looked super surprised. I could tell that they didn't expect this to happen. They seemed extremely excited.