two

He was orange

He was orange.

Not because his hair was orange either, but because they met in an autumn sunset when she needed him the most.

She wondered how she could trust someone that she just met, but she didn't regret spilling her worries onto the confused, innocent looking boy who stood by the pier.

His looks were gentle, his face was so delicate, so Nari didn't expect the words that came from his mouth.

"You should grow up," Chanhee says, looking over his shoulder at the girl who's hair blew in the sea breeze.

"Huh?" She slightly gasps at his soft voice displaying such harsh words.

"I said you should grow up," he reiterates. "You kissed him, so what?"

"So what?" She mocks his tone of voice, looking back out at the waves. "He is the last person any girl should be kissing. He's nothing but trouble, and now I don't know what to do."

"You're acting like you've never kissed someone," he looks over at her as she shrugs. "If you have, then you should know it's not like the movies - not every kiss is meaningful."

"I guess," she sighs, taking a seat as the boy looked down at her, before his legs buckled in too, sitting beside her. "Have you had lots of un-meaningful kisses then?"

Chanhee chuckles, taking a glance at the girl he had just met. "Do I look like I have?"

"You're pretty," she says casually, undeniably making the boy blush a little, but he wouldn't let it show. "I don't see why not."

"You'd be surprised," he chuckles. "Romance doesn't matter much to me."

"You just said kisses don't have to be meaningful," she points at him, watching as he laughed again, putting his head down.

The two sat for a while, their legs dangling off the pier. Nari's eyes wandered the waves, she was fascinated by them ever since she was younger. They were calm, peaceful, everything she wanted to be.

"How come I've never seen you around?" He asks suddenly, making the girl snap out of her thoughts.

"I rarely come to this side of the city," she nods. "I like this pier."

"You sound sad," he says, making the girl scoff. "I like piers. Piers are nice, piers are good."

The girl playfully smacks the boys arm as he giggles, her eyebrows furrowing as he mocked her - it was something boys liked to do to her, apparently.

"This is the last time I come here then," she shrugs, as the boys head snaps towards her.

"No it isn't," he shakes his head. "Well, it shouldn't be anyway."

"Why's that?"

"I guess I'd like to see you around."

The two walk as the sun had fully set, Nari didn't even spare a thought about catching the train home on time, she was just enjoying the company of the boy.