special chapter

Nari sighed as she looked at the book before her, dangling her fingers over the pages as she flipped through quickly

The photos sought to remind her of how she ended up here, and how she ended up being the person she is today. The very person who sat on the carpet as she looked out at the city before her, her lovers hands wrapped around her as she sat between his legs.

"What are you thinking about?" His voice brought her back to conscious, making her smile softly.

"How lucky I am," she mumbled, squeezing his hand as she looked at the page before her.

Juyeon smiled to himself, nuzzling his head in her shoulder as he looked down at the book too. He felt proud for having given the girl such a gift almost a year ago, he could see how much it meant to her.

"Are you missing home?" He asked softly, feeling the girl shake her head.

"More so reminiscing," Nari said with a pursed smile, looking at the photo of herself sandwiched between Eric and Jungeun, her heart feeling full.

She remembered that night clearly, the winter night where the four of them were out drinking.

She remembered how Sunwoo appeared, and how her heart didn't shatter quite as much as it should have when she saw him with someone else.

It was then she knew that this wasn't because of Jacob, but in fact because of the boy who sat across from her with his weary eyes.

Red, he always was. She couldn't help but wonder if he still was, and maybe she would never know - but that was okay.

Truthfully, he wasn't. Sunwoo would stay up late at night wondering how he ever once believed he stood a chance against Juyeon. He would say he should have known better to love her after he saw her eyes longing for him, but he couldn't. And that was his fault. Although, Nari would disagree.

"The sunset looks pretty here," she mumbled, tracing her fingers over the picture of the sun against the water.

Juyeon smiled as he glanced over at the next page, pointing towards the girls face as she stood grinning whilst he stood behind the camera. "You look prettier."

Nari let out a soft chuckle, her eyes never leaving the picture of the calming sun.

Orange, she knew he still was. She knew he was sitting somewhere with his head held high, his pride still more intact than ever.

Chanhee was always headstrong, neither of them could deny that. Although he wondered if he really was when he found himself thinking about their stupid little kiss.

He would smack his forehead gently, shaking his head with a chuckle, muttering that he was pathetic for thinking such a thing. "It means nothing" she told him. He was over her, that much he knew, and he knew no better than as he smiled at himself in the mirror.