ten

He was still orange, but orange represented impatience and a fear of commitment

And Nari would soon realise, that was what prevented Choi Chanhee from being someone special to her.

He ignored her texts for days, she wondered what she had possibly done wrong to him. They weren't anything, but she couldn't help but feel somewhat guilty.

"You never told me you kissed him," Eric says, biting a chip from beside Nari.

"It wasn't a kiss kiss," she shakes her head. "It was a spur of the moment type thing. He kept talking about how kisses didn't need to have meaning, so I guess I just done it."

"And now it has a meaning?" He asks, pointing out the situation to Nari, making her groan. "Why are you so strung up about this guy?"

"Because he's a good guy," she lightly places her hands on the table. "He's really good. I promised we'd meet soon, but now he has no interest."

"That's a personal thing then, Nari," he tries to reassure her. "That's his own issue, trust me."

"I hate being best friends with a boy, you know too much."

"That means I can protect you," the boy slumps an arm around her shoulder. "Men are trash!"

"They aren't really, though," Nari laughs at the boys sassy words. "They're great when they want to be."

The boy shrugs somewhat understandingly, as the girl looks around the lunch hall, a formed habit of hers after seeing the way Sunwoo would look at her sometimes.

But today she didn't only meet the eyes of Sunwoo, she met the eyes of Jacob.

He sat beside her brother and Kevin, and although Kevin was enough to typically make her heart skip a beat, Jacob had took the crown for that.

For her heart pulsated in her chest when he simply spared a glance at her.

When his glance became a stare, and his lips parted to a smile, the two were interrupted by her brothers hand waving in front of the boys face, the rest of the groups heads turned to look at the girl, laughing at Sangyeons dismay.

"Go away," Nari mouths to her brother, who was playfully pushing Jacob beside him.

"What the hell was all that about?" Eric asks, looking over at the table. "Jacob Bae? Seriously?"

"What?" She laughs, looking over at the boy with a confused face.

"I think he's the shyest boy in this school," he shrugs. "Nothing like you."

"Maybe that's a good thing."

The girl pondered hopelessly around the quiet side of the city, looking up and down mostly every street in the search for him.