alternative ending - chapter sixty #1

Sunwoo was blue too

Sunwoo was blue too.

Ideally, he would have ignored the sight from the car beside his own as they stopped at the traffic lights.

The red light shined upon her face, her features were anything but relaxed and he could tell from knowing her for so long that she was unhappy, and stressed.

Her beauty was still prominent, and he had to swallow harshly to remind himself that his eyes were for only the girl who sat beside him. "Everything alright?"

"Hmm?" The boy hummed, glancing over at Soeun. "Everything is fine, don't worry."

She flashed him a smile, turning her head before she could even notice how his eyes fixated on the car she shared with Jacob.

The first girl he truly loved looked sad, and it would surely play on his mind all night. He wondered why she would look so gloom when she sat next to a boy who was known to be full of sunshine.

It was hard to let her go, even more so difficult than he could have imagined.

He would find himself thinking about how if he had simply ignored whatever existed between her and Juyeon, if he treated her right - maybe she would have ended up choosing him.

Maybe he would be the one driving her around town to keep her well fed and amused, taking her to the beach because he knows that's her favourite place.

But instead, he was here with the girl he had been willing to give up for Nari. The oh-so beautiful girl who he had no choice but to choose, although surely would grow to love, right? "Where would you like to go?"

"For something to eat," Soeun nodded. "Anywhere is good."

"Okay." Sunwoo flashed a smile, sucking in a deep breath as the lights changed, the girl finally out of sight.

It made him rile with guilt just how much he didn't want her to be.

"But I have to go."

Her last words rang in her mind as she ran without a clear enough conscience. She knew where he lived, yet that was about it. He would surely be busy, she thought to herself.

It was then her feet began to stall. Visions of the night where she met Soeun flashed through her mind.

Nari remembered how she smiled at her so genuinely, how she looked at Sunwoo so warmly in adoration. She knew that feeling all too well, because she once had looked at him that way.

She had looked at him differently before he tainted her with the colour that surrounded him.

Her earliest memories of Sunwoo only included visions of the boy whose red hair would peek up through the crowd flocking towards the classroom.

He was obnoxious back then, he assumed things about the girl that she wanted so badly to deny but couldn't.

He would rile her up with his attitude, only to calm her down with the seal of his kiss.