thirty two

"Nari, hurry up!" The girls mother called from down stairs, making her groan as she looked at herself in the mirror one last time

Sunday meant Church day, the day Nari long dreaded throughout the week but hid her dismay in front of her parents, after all, she did this for them.

But it meant a little something more to her now that Jacob had made it apparent of his faith.

Not that she felt the need to change for him, but she was thinking ahead, and that worried her to an extent but excited her nonetheless.

That being said, she wasn't sure how over Sunwoo she was yet, or even Juyeon for that matter.

Her feelings for the latter were placed on a back-burner, she wasn't able to focus on much else except Sunwoo for a long time. Although, there was times where he occupied her mind. It was hard not to when Sunwoo's words rang in her ears.

She wondered why she had taken his words to heart, only she knew how she felt and that wasn't for him to decide, although she cared a lot more about what he thought of her than she did herself.

And apparently that was now the case with Jacob, which wasn't the worst thing to happen.

"I'm too hungover for this," Sangyeon grumbled to Nari as they walked to the car, making the girl chuckle.

"That's not very Christian of you," she said, earning a glare from the boy who looked the closest to death she had ever seen him. "Where did you even go?"

"Me and Younghoon just chilled in his room," he shrugged as the two got into the car, quieting their voices whilst their parents began to drive.

"That's quite sad," Nari shrugged, earning a slap on the arm from her brother.

"Nari, stop annoying your brother," their mother said from the front seat, eyeing her through the mirror as Nari's jaw dropped.

"Why do you always defend him?" She says as her brother laughs from beside her.

"I always defend you," her father looks at over his shoulder, the girl reaching to fist bump him as Sangyeon stuck his tongue out.

"Wait a minute," she retracts her fist as her father looks at her confused. "You're my dad, defending me is the bare minimum, I take back my fist bump."

Her father rolls his eyes with a chuckle as Nari sat back and relaxed, chuckling a little at her last exchange with her father.

She wondered what led her to having a better relationship with him than her mother, although she didn't question it too much, she wasn't that fussed.

She instead decided to focus on how she would get through an hour long church session without her eyes fluttering closed.

The girl bowed to Hyunjae's parents, despite knowing they weren't too fond of her for whatever reason.