sixteen

He was still him

He was still him.

He wouldn't ever change, at least not in Nari's eyes, she hoped. But to make that dream a reality, she would need to be closer to him.

She had met him times before, but those moments seemed to be ripped away by something else. How could she get the boy alone, without it being weird, or unnecessary?

The thing was, she probably couldn't. But that was okay, there would be plenty of opportunities to even see him, she hoped.

"Won't Nari be pissed off?" The girl snaps out of her trail of thought as she heard Younghoon's words from before her.

"Pissed off about what?" Nari chimes in, walking faster to catch up with the two.

"Would you be able to stay with Eric or something on Friday?" Her brother asks innocently, looking over with pleading eyes.

"Absolutely not," she replies, furrowing her eyebrows. "Why?"

"Because it's New Years Eve," he explains, earning an 'ohhh' from his sister.

"So you can now drink legally and you want me to be out of the house so you can have a party?" Nari catches on, talking in one breath whilst Sangyeon nods with a cheeky smile on his face. "How much are you paying me?"

"Huh?" The boy raises an eyebrow.

"Well, if you want me gone, and you don't want me to tell our parents when they're home," Nari starts, earning a huff from her brother as Younghoon laughed, looking between the two in amusement. "Then you better be paying me something."

"I'm not paying you anything," Sangyeon shakes his head. "Just stay in your room."

"If you're partying, so am I."

"You're eighteen, that won't be happening," the brother says, walking further ahead as Younghoon and Nari followed, laughing.

"Then I'll tell our parents, simple."

"Fine," he sighs, turning around. "But you're not getting drunk."

Friday came around quicker than anticipated, which made Nari nervous although excited.
She had never really attended any sort of party, given her age.

But Sangyeon had spent the whole week trying to convince her to stay in her room, to which she turned down. He had even gone as far to ask Eric to let her stay over, but he decided it would be best for him to join too.

"Some of your friends are arriving," Nari calls to her brother from the living room.

"Go and greet them," he says casually, looking around the kitchen.

"They're your friends," she argues, earning a scowl from her brother which made her roll her eyes. "Fine."

She wandered towards the door, opening it before anyone even got the chance to knock. And much to her surprise, but a pleasant one at that, she was greeted by Jacob.