fifty nine

Nari stared at the ceiling, not quite bothering about wasting her days in the same four walls

She knew she should be out, enjoying the sun and the last couple of weeks being here with everyone, but she couldn't bring herself to.

Her mind ran around in circles, as always. She wondered when she would get a break, recognising that she could determine her own fate.

Having heard no word from Jacob in a week was enough to drive her up the wall, but she wondered just how much longer she could take it.

"He hasn't said anything?" She asked her brother as she stood in his doorway.

"Nothing," he shook his head with a sympathetic smile. "He'll be torn up, too, Nari."

"Well, he's the one who left," Nari grumbled, leaning her head against the door skirting. "It's fine, though."

"What do you mean?" Sangyeon turned to glance at her.

"I've accepted it now, I guess," she shrugged, looking up through sad eyes. "If he's upset, it's okay, but I can't revolve my life choices around him."

"Well, you love him, don't you?" He asked her, tilting his head as she nodded slowly. "Then it'll be okay, you realise that this probably isn't the only sacrifice you'll have to make or the only thing you'll argue over."

The girl hummed in response, looking down at her feet. His words went in one ear and out another, it wasn't anything she hadn't thought about this last week.

"We'll see," Nari said unbothered, although she was more bothered than she had ever been.

Sangyeon knew that, however, rolling his eyes at his sister. Anyone who was close enough to her knew very well that a display of carelessness from Nari meant she was nervous.

And she was beyond nervous now.

The girl got herself out for a walk, the first proper breath of fresh air she had in days.

She was relieved her troubles came in the summer, where she could find a comfort from looking at the clear sky, reminding her that there was no reason to be gloom.

Everything would sort itself, that's what everyone had told her. But what if it was her who should arrange her own fate?

The mere mention of fate scared the girl, but no less than the car that pulled in front of her.

"Nari?" Jacob's voice called as he got out of the car, jogging over to her as she froze on the pavement.

His arms wrapped around her, holding her into his chest as she didn't know just how to respond. "Hi."

The boy pulled away, looking between her eyes as she glanced up at him with not much emotion. He couldn't blame her. "I'm sorry, Nari, I was just coming to see you."