thirty five

"You know he doesn't like me," Nari groaned as she walked alongside Jacob

"You know he doesn't like me," Nari groaned as she walked alongside Jacob. "It'll be too awkward."

"Only if you make it," the boy replied, looking down at the girl who pouted. "You can pull as many faces as you like, we still need to do this."

"I thought you'd give in," the girl shrugged, the boy placing a kiss on her forehead as he opened the door.

He looked around the empty store, the noise of the door echoed throughout the place. "Chanhee?"

"In here," he called cheerily, making Nari instantly feel nervous.

It was still difficult for the two to face each other. Nari tried her hardest to be nice to him, and to try and not make things too awkward, but Chanhee's stern looks and cold shoulder made it a lot harder than it needed to be.

"Oh hey," the boy said, his face dropping when he saw the girl who stood beside him. "I thought you were doing some proper work today."

"I am?" Jacob says confused as the boy looks over to Nari, his eyes noticeably lingering on her before looking back. "She won't distract me, she's here to help you, actually."

"I am?" Nari sounded shocked, which made Chanhee relieved that she didn't want to help him willingly.

"Changmin is already coming to do that," the boy said, turning his back to the two as the girl looked up at Jacob and shrugged.

"Well, three makes a team," Jacob tried to say enthusiastically, looking at Nari with sorry eyes. "And everything will get done faster."

"No, the saying is 'three is a crowd'," the boy said knowingly, pulling a face that the two couldn't see but Nari only pulled the same one back, almost making Jacob chuckle. "But fine, she can start with this."

The girl bit her tongue, as did Jacob. He wondered why the boy was so hostile, but he had known him a long time, and if he didn't like someone for the simplest of things, he would act this cold.

However, with Nari, there was a reason. He just never wanted to let Jacob know, and he felt dumb for protecting her.

"What have I to do?" The girl asks as Jacob takes a seat in the next room, watching as Chanhee let out a small groan of annoyance.

"Call these numbers and ask details about food packages and pick up times," the boy hands her a list, harshly handing the paper over as the girl blinked, waiting on his manners, which made him roll his eyes. "Please."

The girl put on a fake smile, taking the sheet gracefully. "Not a problem."

The hour went by fast, although Nari had a lot of people still to call, but she didn't mind, it gave her more time away from Chanhee or interacting with him.

"I need to go and pick up some donations," Jacob peaked his head out from the office, looking at the two. "Am I alright to leave you two here?"

"Take her with you," Chanhee mutters, making Jacob roll his eyes. "But if you must leave her, then we'll be fine."