seventeen

The first Monday back at school was enough to make the girl feel drained

The first Monday back at school was enough to make the girl feel drained. It was somewhat of a reality check, she had forgotten about her studies over the holidays.

Because of boys. How could she let her feelings overshadow her studies?

She felt weak, she felt as though all of this was unnecessary. In the future, she would be disappointed in herself for letting such emotions cloud her thoughts and progress.

Although, Nari had convinced herself that it was worth it. One of these boys had to be worth it. At least, she hoped.

"When are your parents home?" Eric asks casually at the desk beside Nari.

She glances around the room, her eyes undoubtedly looked for someone, although she couldn't tell Eric that. "The start of February, why do you ask?"

The ears of Sunwoo perked up, his head coming up from the table to turn to glance at the girl, and she finally met the eyes she had been looking for.

"Was just curious," he shrugs, looking around the classroom too, only to see Sunwoo looking in their direction. "What's his problem?"

"Shut up," Nari nudges him, watching as the boy stifled a laugh at Eric's words. "He heard you."

"You think I care?" Eric looks at the girl with wide eyes. "Why are you so bothered?"

"I'm not," she shrugs in an attempt to look casual. "We just know what he's like."

"You definitely know, I don't," Eric winks at the girl, however, when she barely reacts, his eyes widen. "Nari acting careless, means Nari is nervous."

"What?" The girl asks, dumbfounded. The two lower their voices, whilst Eric has a smirk on his face.

"Don't tell me you like him too?" He places his head in his right hand, tilting his head to examine the face of his best friend, before his eyes widen again. "You do!"

"'Too'?" Nari asks, narrowing her eyes at the boy who now smiled in amusement. "I'm glad you're finding this fun."

"God," he shakes his head, laughing softly. "Who else do you like?"

The girl stayed silent, attempting to mask her expression with a small smile, although Eric could see right through her, and so his face dropped as did hers.

"There's someone else?" He asks, almost amazed, but worried.

"You better shut up," Nari shakes her head, looking forward to avoid his gaze. "Class is starting."

"Not until you tell me who it is," he leans closer to the girl, making her take a deep breath. He already knew too much, what bad would this do?

"Jacob," she admits, looking over at the boy who pulled a face. "What?"