fifteen

He was still violet, although she was sure he was only that colour for all the good qualities he possessed

He wasn't arrogant, nor was he immature. So, how could he truly be violet?

It seemed that all of these qualities outweighed the others, and Nari couldn't see him in any other light than he appeared. But she didn't see him at all, really. Their families remained close, but since that day, he never spoke to her in school.

He needn't bother, Sunwoo was always with him, he would suspect something, although Hyunjae convinced himself there was absolutely nothing for him to be suspicious of.

Although, maybe there was. He couldn't be so sure yet.

He would find his eyes searching for the girl he didn't take much notice to before, but he would always be interrupted by something. And that was usually Sunwoo. Whether it was intentional, he didn't know, but it would happen every time.

"Are you gonna eat that? Lunch is basically over," Eric's voice rings in Nari's ear, snapping her out of her daydream.

"Probably not," she sighs, taking a look at her plate. "Well, mayb-"

"Too late," Juyeon chuckles, Nari's eyes drifting towards the boy who sat beside her with his mouth stuffed.

"If you snooze, you lose," Eric says, wiping his mouth as he shrugs at the girl.

"Nice one," Nari playfully shoves the boy, looking over at Juyeon. "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Aren't we walking you home?" Juyeon asks, looking at Eric who shrugged again.

"I'll be staying back for some things," Nari reassures, before sending Juyeon a smile, and turning away. "Bye, boys."

Eric turns to the boy, who stared in the girls direction as she walked away, before he put his hand on the boys shoulder, as though to tell him to move. "You know she likes you, right?"

"She doesn't," Juyeon chuckles nervously, receiving a knowing look from Eric. "What?"

"Trust me, I'm her best friend. I know."

Nari states at the pages before her, not having any motivation today, which was unusual for her. More things flew around her mind than school work, and more things were boys.

She wondered about Sunwoo. She hadn't spoken to him in a while, it was school hours, that was relatively normal for the two. Part of her, however, wish they didn't have to ignore one another. But she needn't be seen with him, and he needn't be seen with her, that's just how it was.

She found herself wondering about Juyeon, although she was just with him, part of her missed him already, and she didn't know why. He wasn't afraid to be seen with her, she could approach him more freely, and that strangely meant something to her - she couldn't explain why.