forty

The days were flying by, and Nari wanted nothing more than for them to slow down

The days were flying by, and Nari wanted nothing more than for them to slow down. To let her savour him.

She almost mentally kicked herself for feeling like this, she didn't know if he was even feeling the same way.

The girl stared at her phone, the screen lit up but nothing really interested her these days.

She had avoiding volunteering as much as she could. She had previously convinced herself that it was a good pass time alongside a good deed, why shouldn't she invest time into it? But without him, it seemed like it wasn't worth it, and she felt horrible for thinking like that.

"Nari?" The voice from outside her door called, the girl looking up.

"Come in," she replied, sighing as she put down her phone again.

Sangyeon stood in the door frame, noticing how down his sister was. He knew what the reason behind it was, he would surely miss his best friend too, but he hated to see her dwell on it when from what he had seen - the boy had been fine.

"I have a proposal," he said almost mischievously, sitting down at the edge of her bed as she looked at him carelessly. "Kevin keeps bugging me to go to this museum with him, and I don't want to."

"And?" She trails off, awaiting his answer as he smirked a little.

"I don't want to let him down, but since you're sitting here sulking all day everyday, why don't you go with him?" He finished with a small grin, as the girl looked at him confused. "You two are friends, no?"

"We are," she nodded slowly. "We just aren't that close."

"Well, he doesn't like you like that anymore," he shrugged, as Nari's mouth lay agape. "What? I had to make sure before I asked you."

"Great, so now he knows you're going to ask me and now I can't let him down," she groaned followed by a chuckle, which made Sangyeon's head snap up.

"You're laughing, you want to go," he said hopefully as the girl shrugged. "I'm taking that as a yes."

"As long as you don't make another stupid assumption about me and a boy hanging out," she raised an eyebrow as the boy grumbled.

"I slept at Juyeon's sounds a lot like I slept with Juyeon," he motioned with his hands as his sister motioned for him to leave the room. "He says he'll be here in an hour."

Nari groaned, looking at herself in the mirror, realising she hadn't showered in a couple of days.

She didn't have the motivation to get ready for anything, but part of her was excited to hang out with Kevin today and try something new.

Anything to take her mind off of him, because she was sure he didn't have his mind on her.

"You've never been to a museum?" Kevin's mouth lay agape as the girl looked up in wonder.