forty five

"You have a two day hangover?" Eric gawked at the girl who came to school with her eyes looking almost upside down

"Yes," Nari groaned, fixing her hair as they walked. "Funnily enough, I don't regret it."

Eric chuckled at the girl, walking casually alongside her as they headed to their first class. "Who did you get drunk with?"

"Jungeun," she nodded, as the boys head snapped to look at her. "What?"

"You saw her again?" He asked, looking back down to his feet as he smiled to himself. She was pretty cool, that was for sure.

"I did," the girl smiled, noticing that the boy was too. "What are you all smiley for?"

"Did she mention me?" He asked, straightening his back.

"Maybe she did," Nari shrugged, as the boy glared at her in anticipation. "Stop acting like a teenage boy, if you wanted her number, you could have asked for it."

Eric followed the girl after he stopped for a second. "Why would I risk being embarrassed, when I could just ask you?"

"Mhm," she raised her eyebrows and pursed her lips which fell into a smile as she saw how her best friend looked at her. "She did mention you."

With that, the girl jogged ahead, leaving the boy to follow her like a lost puppy as he punched his fist in the air with a smile.

The two quickly ended up in the classroom, the boy still smiling from ear to ear as the girl rolled her eyes at him when they walked through the door.

The first person her eyes landed on was him, he who put his head down the second he saw her.

Nari sighed to herself, taking a seat behind Sunwoo and Hyunjae as Eric followed behind closely.

Hyunjae turned to look at the two, seeing them in two completely opposite moods. The girl sat with her head low as she took out her books, whilst the boy nodded his head and hummed under his breath as though he was on cloud nine.

"Why are you so happy on a Monday morning?" Hyunjae asked him, chuckling at the boys face.

"Why are you not?" Eric replied, taking out his notebook. "Life is wonderful."

Nari chuckled and rolled her eyes at the boy who sat in front of them, confused but nonetheless laughing along with her.

Her smile faded, however, when she remembered Haknyeon's words. She was scared to even smile at the boy in the fear she would give him the wrong impression.

Hyunjae must have realised the sudden change in her demeanour, as he turned around swiftly, looking over at his best friend who pressed his head against the window, staring blankly into space.

"Are you alright?" He asked him, as the boy looked over through lazy eyes.

"Yeah," Sunwoo lied, not even in hopes that Nari would hear him, but because he wouldn't tell Hyunjae of all people what happened between him and Nari weeks ago.