twenty nine

The end of the week came quickly, and Nari was beyond relieved

The end of the week came quickly, and Nari was beyond relieved. She just wanted to be home, in her own bed, surrounded by no one.

Summer was close, and she couldn't wait to do that most days when she wasn't working. Although, working alongside him was truly scaring her.

She eventually realised that the drama with him wasn't always wholly caused by him, it was her fault just as it was his.

Haknyeon was a dick, that was for sure, but he only highlighted the truth of the matter.

And the current truth of the matter was - the only boys speaking to her were Eric and Hyunjae.

Since two nights ago, Sunwoo and Juyeon not only gave each other the cold shoulder but Nari too, and although her heart ached, she felt as though it was deserved.

The look in Juyeon's eyes wouldn't be one she would forget easily, almost haunting her every time she closed her own.

She knew a temporary fix would be to get home and hug Jacob tightly, knowing he wouldn't let her go, but that was truly selfish of her.

"Don't worry too much," Eric whispered to the girl on the bus. "They haven't spoke to me or Hyunjae either."

She ignored his words, truthfully they were meaningless right now, she just wanted to hear words from them.

The whole way home, she planned how she could approach either of them, but her plans were no use considering approaching one meant ignoring the other.

And honestly, Juyeon was expecting that he would be ignored. She ignored his efforts to protect her and ran into the arms of someone else, that was enough for him to realise his place and worth.

Although, he meant more than that to her, but maybe he would never know.

Nari groaned at the sight of her brother waiting beside the car park, waving his hands and embarrassing her.

"I can't walk with you," she said as she approached him, looking around to see where they went. "I need to do something."

"What's more important than walking with your brother?" Sangyeon threw his hands up, as the girl looked anywhere but him.

"Something," she said, pursing her lips. "Either that or you wait here for me."

"I'll wait," he shrugged, Nari groaning because it wasn't the answer she wanted, but nonetheless she took off and jogged, searching for even just one of them.

When she finally saw the tall head of red peaking up from a crowd, she sighed of relief, but not until her eyes drifted to who he was standing with.

She simply stood there, nauseated and unsure whether it was worth her while even talking to him, but eventually he turned, his eyes meeting hers.

He excused himself, walking over slowly as he seen the girl somewhat out of breath. "Why did you run?"