fifty one

"What?"

"What?"

The girl backed away, her hand loosely falling from behind the boys shoulder, his eyes remaining glued to hers.

"Juyeon," she muttered, examining his face, watching as tears spilled effortlessly from his eyes. He was still, seeming rather in shock.

"I want to go home," he spoke finally, pursing his mouths closed to gulp and burp, his head now falling in between his knees. "I need to go home."

"Okay," Nari said through a shaky voice, watching as he fell silent.

The heartbreak he felt would soon resonate with her, feeling her chest clench as she watched her friend bury his head further.

"I'll get you home," she said softly, placing a hand under his arm as he backed away. "Let me help you."

"Tell me it's one sided," he said pleadingly, looking up at the girl who hovered over him. "Tell me, and I can move on."

"Juyeon, we're frien-"

"That's not what I'm asking," Juyeon said drunkenly as he stared at the girl.

Nari froze, looking just as intently at the boy as he did to her, not quite sure why she couldn't find the words. "Let's stop, I don't want things to be awkwar-"

"Why is it so hard for you to say it?" He half-exclaimed, as the girl backed away until her body hit the concrete.

"I don't know," she shouted back, watching as the boy grew frustrated. "Let's just go home."

The boy placed his hands in his head, shaking profusely as he sighed to himself, almost letting out a chuckle as the girl stood up again.

"Hey, what's up?" Eric called from the door, seeing Juyeon curled up as Nari hovered over him. "Shit."

He ran across the grass, lifting up Juyeon who needn't take his eyes off the girl, the tears still rolling as they fell down her face too. "We should get Juyeon home."

Eric looked between the two, watching as both of their lips quivered. "What's going on?"

"I'm going home," Juyeon stumbled, muttering his words as he gently pushed past Eric, trailing into the house as the two watched him go.

"Hey, what happened?" Eric stopped Nari as she tried to follow the boy, watching as Jungeun held on to his arm once he got to the door, the girl resting once she knew he was safe.

"I don't know," she looked at the boy, drying her tears. "I should go."

"Did he tell you?" He asked, as the girls face dropped.

"You knew?" She sounded hurt, her voice croaking, watching whilst Eric hung his head lowly in shame, a scoff escaping her lips.

"Don't blame me for this," he said, looking up as soon as he heard the breath leave her lips. "I have loyalties to more people than you."