twenty three

(This is a long ass chapter to make up for not updating as regularly! Enjoy)

"The trip is optional," the teacher said to the year group who gathered in the hall

"The trip is optional," the teacher said to the year group who gathered in the hall. "But it'll be a good opportunity to spend some time together before summer, and to wind down after exams."

Nari, among other students, simply nodded, some even began to chatter. She looked over at Eric to read his expression. "Are you going?"

"Why not?" He shrugs, Juyeon leaning over to look at the girl.

"I'll go," the boy said, as Nari smiled softly at him. "Are you?"

"I will," she nods. "It'll just be weird for me."

"Why?" Juyeon asks, now leaning back on his chair to look over Eric's head at the girl.

"I'll have to share a room with girls, and I literally don't speak to a single girl in our year," she chuckles, shaking her head. "Maybe I'll ask to stay in a room alone."

"They won't let you," Eric intervenes. "I mean, unless you paid them good money."

Nari groans, her eyes scanning the room to glance at all of the girls. "I don't like a single one of them."

"Someone might surprise you," Eric adds. "Just don't leave us."

"You always say that as if I have anyone else to go to," the girl nudges him, her eyes still scanning the room.

"Except for Kevin Moon," Eric says mockingly, making the girl glare at him, and making Juyeon's smile die down. He typically wasn't a jealous person, but she had changed that.

"You're lucky he's not in your year group," she joked, looking over at Juyeon who stared blankly. "Or I would've been sharing a room with him."

The boys eyes darted towards the girl, a smug smile played on her face as Juyeon blinked harshly at the girl, Eric stifling his laugh at his reaction.

"I would say you two should get a room, but you literally can't," he said, as Juyeon shook his head and turned away.

Nari chuckled to herself, as Juyeon seethed in his seat, although he knew it was a joke. He couldn't stand the thought of it, and truthfully neither could she, she just wanted a reaction.

"Hyunjae," Eric shouted suddenly, making Nari's head turn quickly. "Are you going?"

"I'm undecided," the boy replied from across the hall, before standing up off of his seat to walk over to the three. "You?"

"It'll be fun, please come," Eric pleads with the boy, as Nari sits and looks between the two in somewhat disbelief.

"I'll go if Sunwoo does," he chuckles, sparing a glance at Nari who now looked towards the floor.

"What about me?" A voice says from behind him, making both Nari and Juyeon sigh, the girl louder than the boy. "Oh, hey."

Eric nods towards the boy, looking over to see his best friend now staring blankly ahead and refusing to acknowledge his presence, as did Juyeon.