twenty five

"Well, how did it go?" Eric said as he and Juyeon watched Nari exit the hall

She didn't have her usual convincing smile on her face, she didn't seem as confident as she normally would after an exam.

"Meh," she shrugged, glancing at Juyeon who looked at her with concerned eyes. "It was alright."

"I've never heard you say an exam was 'alright'," Eric said as the three started walking. "You usually say it went really well."

"Make me sound like more of a nerd," Nari joked, looking up at Juyeon who smiled back at her. "What are we doing now?"

"Paying the last instalment for the trip," the taller boy showed the envelope in his hand.

"I've already paid mine," the girl shrugs. "But I'll come with you guys."

"When did you pay?" Eric looks confused.

"The other day," Nari said as her eyes skimmed the halls they walked down, not quite sure what her eyes were searching for. "I spoke to Mrs Choi about room arrangements too."

"And?" Eric asked, as though he was left hanging in suspense and anticipation.

"I'm in a room alone," Nari shrugged, as Eric gasped. "Why are you so shocked?"

"I don't know why he is, you're Mrs Choi's favourite," Juyeon points out whilst the girl nods in agreement, as Eric looks on in disbelief.

"That's so unfair," he groans. "I wanted my own room."

"Thanks," Juyeon rolls his eyes, walking ahead as Eric stuck his tongue out at him, looking back at Nari who laughed at the two, following closely behind.

By the time they had gotten to the classroom, it seemed as though everyone had the same idea of paying the instalment on the last day it was due, the queue running to the back of the classroom.

Nari sighed, but she knew she would have to wait with them, it was unfair not to.

"We couldn't have came earlier?" Juyeon groans, looking down the line.

His eyes stopped at the eyes that met his, although they took a while to flutter away from the girl. Except, this time, it was two pairs.

"Hey," Eric called to them, watching as Hyunjae nudged the boy beside him as though to join them in the back of the queue.

Sunwoo smiled at the girl, although it wasn't unnoticed by the tall boy who stood beside her, but that meant nothing to him.

"Hi," Nari smiled back at the boy, nodding to Hyunjae as they stood beside them.

"Did you manage to sort the room?" Eric said to Hyunjae as the two stood beside each other, making Nari's head turn sharply.

"I think so," the boy answered, making Nari look over at Sunwoo and Juyeon slyly as the two looked elsewhere.