forty one

Nari stared at the same four walls for some days now, wondering just how her little day out with Kevin lifted her spirits before everything was ruined again

It felt like a break up, even though he wasn't her boyfriend by label, and even though she wasn't sure that she definitely wouldn't see him again.

Her heart hurt the same way as she once yearned for the red haired boy, everything felt all the same, so that only meant one thing.

But she couldn't admit that to herself. Admitting that meant accepting that she would yearn even more for him when he was away for good, and she wasn't sure if her heart could handle it.

However, either way, she would be without him.

"Me and Nari are heading to the shop," Sangyeon called to their parents downstairs, standing outside the girls door.

The girl peaked her head up, furrowing her eyebrows. "You are, I'm not."

The boy knocked to ask if it was okay to come in, to which the girl hummed in response, looking up to see her stern faced brother.

"You're coming with me," he said, eyeing the girl. "You've been in here for days, just accompany your brother to the store."

"Why?" She asked blankly, as the boy groaned in frustration.

"Because it's dark outside and I don't want to walk alone," he pouted as his sister scoffed. "And I don't like seeing you like this. I'll buy you chocolate."

The girl rolled her eyes, a small smile crept up on her face at her brothers cheeky grin, motioning for him to leave the room as she got out of bed.

Luckily, she had showered hours ago, so she didn't feel half as bad as she did the last few days.

"It better be a big bar of chocolate," she said as she passed her brother in the hall, jogging down the stairs to greet her parents properly for the first time in a few days. "We're going out."

Her father nodded, whilst her mother furrowed her eyebrows at the girl. "I hope this mood of yours has nothing to do with that boy who you were canoodling with in the car."

The girl froze, her brother slowly approaching as he looked towards his father who looked at the woman with wide eyes.

"We're going out," Sangyeon said, placing his hand on his sisters shoulder as he gently pushed her towards the door.

"You didn't answer my question," their mother called, as the girl turned around harshly.

"It wasn't a question, it was a statement," Nari spat back at the woman, her father standing up as he looked at the girl with sorry eyes.

"Well, I'll rephrase that," her mother called back. "Is your horrible mood these days because of Sangyeon's friend?"

"That's enough," her father said, putting his hand before their mother's body. "We'll see you later, guys."