thirty

The weeks flew by, Nari's mind only had the capacity to be filled with thoughts of the boy who wouldn't dare to look her way

For he was hurting too, and equally as much as she was. He found it difficult to look at the girl who was always beside him, he who acted like nothing had happened.

When she wasn't looking, Sunwoo would notice that her eyes drifted to Juyeon no matter what the situation, and that proved enough to him.

Was it ever really him, only him?

He knew the answer to that, and it hurt that he too had let himself fall for the girl who thought of someone else. And he fell hard.

But so did she, even more so than she had realised. As for weeks had went by in the most important time in her life, she needed to focus on her exams, but all she could focus on was him.

Whilst Sunwoo dwelled over her, believing she was thinking of Juyeon, she was simply dwelling over the loss of him and what could have been.

She didn't know when she would get herself out of this rut, nor just when her suffering would end - but she thought summer was a good place to start and at least try.

"Congratulations," Nari smiled at her brother who walked towards her with open arms. "For surviving this hell hole."

"Hey," Sangyeon hugged her, ruffling her hair. "It isn't that bad."

"Oh no," she pulls away from the embrace, looking up at the boy who looked at her confused. "Does this mean for a whole year you'll lecture me about how my school years are the best years of my life?"

"I will," he chuckled, nodding proudly. "And you better believe it."

"You see, I don't," Nari shrugged as her brother walked through the crowd, eventually leading her to his friends who gathered in a circle. "Congratulations, guys."

Kevin hugged the girl first, ruffling her hair just like Sangyeon did. Her brothers eyes travelled to Jacob's, seeing him watching however his face didn't expose a single matter of jealousy.

That, however, was non-reflective of what he felt inside, he just wasn't the kind to show it. He kept his negative emotions to himself.

"Congrats," Nari said to Younghoon, sticking out her tongue at the boy who was like a second brother, as he pulled her in for an embrace, rubbing his fist on the top of her head as she laughed and squirmed. "Get off me, idiot."

Jacob breathed in, almost preparing himself for being next in line to feel the embrace he had longed to feel.

Because truthfully, she was even distant from him. He knew she was busy, and as was she, but things weren't the same as they used to be, and he wondered why - but he wouldn't ask, for it wasn't his business.