twenty one

Nari listened to Eric ramble, looking over to see Juyeon staring into space as he simply ignored the boys words

"Are either of you listening to me?" He stops mid sentence, looking beside him to see the girl looking less than interested, and the boy in deep thought about something else.

"I am listening," the girl blinked harshly, as her best friend drew his eyes off of her.

"I wasn't," Juyeon says truthfully, his eyes meeting Nari's for a split second. "What were you saying?"

"Forget it," Eric says dramatically, massively offended. "You two couldn't seem less interested if you tried."

Nari chuckles, giving Juyeon a look as the boy laughed with her.

The truth was, there was more on their minds than the conversations they were having during the school day.

The girl had been trying her best to rid her mind of thoughts of Sunwoo, whilst Juyeon could only think about her.

It wasn't that she didn't think of him either, but she felt too hurt by Hyunjae's words from the previous week to concentrate on much else.

And so she avoided Sunwoo as best as she could. It was typical, the moment they had begun to get closer and she decided she could no longer face him, and it hurt.

"So, will you tell me what's going on with you two?" Eric says suddenly, almost making Nari drop her food. "Don't act so surprised."

"What do you mean?" Juyeon laughs nervously, eyeing Nari in the process.

"You're sitting there zoning out, and so is she," he motions between the two, a smug smile on his face as though he had cracked some sort of code. "And in my company you are both interested in other things, i.e each other."

"That isn't true," Nari rolls her eyes, nudging the boy. "We are interested in you."

"You're interested in him, he's interested in you," the boy rambles rather loudly, but that was Eric. "Is there something more to it, am I missing something?"

"Shut up," the girl looks at him sternly as he continues to chuckle. "You're so annoying for no reason sometimes."

"Except today, there is a reason," Eric shrugs, waiting for the two to agree but they simply scoff.

Juyeon glanced around the room, lightly chuckling at the boys words. He felt a strange warmth in his body, she was interested in him.

She was, she couldn't deny that, and she didn't deny that. She, however, couldn't ignore the mounting feeling of what she could only describe as pressure.

"I'm gonna go to the library," Nari announces suddenly, her eyes were focussed on the table before her.

"Nerd," Eric grumbles, looking to Juyeon who looked at the girl with concerned eyes. "Have fun."