fifty eight

The weeks were passing quickly

The weeks were passing quickly. Nari sat before her computer, her fingers tapping off of the mouse as she looked at the screen before her.

What would she choose? Where would be best to go? Was anywhere a good choice?

University one meant she didn't have to move at all, but the facilities weren't so great and it was a mixed course - something she wasn't sure if she wanted.

The second option meant moving north, much further from where she wanted to be ideally, but everything about the place seemed close to perfect.

Lastly, the university Jacob attends. The option was a standout, almost a no brainer if Nari didn't consider everything else. The university itself was perfect, and it had him there too, but why couldn't she press the button?

"Why don't we do eenie meenie?" Sangyeon asked from the doorway, his sisters eyes never leaving the screen.

"That's a great way to settle the rest of my life," Nari chuckled, turning to look at him.

Under her eyes were bagged up, she looked generally in a worse state than usual. "I really don't know what to do."

"Write down a list of pros and cons," he shrugged, the girl lifting up her notebook to show she had done that more than five times. "Well, what does it say?"

"It definitely says I should move," she nods slowly. "I just don't know where."

"What's wrong with Jacob's university?" He asked out if curiosity, imaging his sister would have jumped at the chance to be with him.

"I can't see any of my friends, or you guys," she shrugs, looking sad. "I need to be in the middle."

"Then I guess your decision is made," her brother said with a light smile, nodding towards the computer. "Go on, you know where you should be going."

Nari groaned, looking at the screen as the cursor lingered over the second university, before she looked back anxiously at her brother.

"Jacob won't be happy," she said with a slight pout, the boy rolling his eyes.

"Jacob will be more than happy for you," he shook his head. "You're half way closer to him, there's nothing for him to be unhappy about."

"That's true," his sister nodded slowly, looking back at him one more time before clicking on the accept button.

She let out a sigh of relief, almost feeling like tears would come to her eyes at any moment.

"I'm proud of you, you know," Sangyeon smiled, watching as his sister rose to her feet, shutting down the screen.

"I'm glad that's over," she mumbled, giving her brother a hug as he ruffled her hair. "I'll miss you."

"Don't get all sappy," he chuckled. "You should tell our parents, and Jacob."