seven

He was violet

He was violet.

He was pure, he was modest. He represented innocence and he embodied everything that screamed he was sensitive to the world.

He was almost the exact opposite to Nari, and that's what made him her first crush.

Ever since they were young, Nari felt drawn towards the presence of Lee Jaehyun.

He lived only across the street, their parents were friends, and they attended church together every Sunday. They seemed to be the only other family on the street who were religious.

And whilst religion wasn't something that was pressed on Nari or Sangyeon, which they were grateful for, it seemed to be a huge part of Hyunjae's life.

He wasn't the typical envision of the Church boy, who was so innocent and spiritual that he would only surround himself with a good crowd.

He was best friends with Kim Sunwoo, so that spoke a lot about him. Or so Nari would assume.

But every time they spoke, the boy was shy and reserved. Nari didn't think much of it, it was simply his character. However, she did wonder how he could be in such a friendship circle but keep up the facade.

"Nari and Sangyeon can keep him company for a while," Nari's mothers words snap her out of her trance. "Can't you?"

"Younghoon is coming over but I'm going to meet him first," Sangyeon said as their mother looked on. "What?"

"Sunday is a family day," their mother says with a cocked brow.

"But all the parents are going out for lunch without the kids?" Nari argues, earning an annoyed look from her mother. "Sorry, I forgot not to answer back on Sundays."

"She's right," Nari's father announces, stifling a laugh at his daughters words. "Just don't wreck the house whilst we're gone."

Nari looked over at Hyunjae, who sat with a small smile on his face, however the smile dropped when his parents looked at him sternly, as though warning him not to laugh or find amusement in Nari's words.

However, he did find amusement in the girl. She was something that he hadn't ever seen before, but it meant nothing more than that.

"I won't be long," Sangyeon says, standing up from the couch which he and Hyunjae sat on, chatting about some boy stuff Nari had no clue about. "Nari, be a better host."

The girl sticks her tongue out at her brother, who headed out the door giving her a quick middle finger. "It's Sunday, you'll burn to ashes for that!"

Hyunjae stares on in, again, amusement. He shouldn't laugh at such rudeness, but, again, it was something he hadn't seen before.

"You're lucky you're an only child," Nari says, turning to face Hyunjae.

The boy simply nodded understandingly, almost making Nari sigh. He was chatty when he wanted to be, but dear God, it was hard to get a conversation out of him sometimes.