twenty two

Her eyes wandered the halls just like they always did, in search for even just one of them

She thought it was tiring beforehand, but the giddy feeling in her stomach when she thought of seeing them had now disappeared, and was replaced with some sort of dread.

Nari wondered if she could ever face Sunwoo again. It sounded dramatic, but after last time, she genuinely feared seeing him, because things wouldn't be the same between them again. And that was her fault.

She thought about Jacob a lot more than she usually did, had she thought that was even possible, she would have tried her best to avoid him at all costs. Her heart told her that he was what she wanted, that he was perfect. And as of yet, there was nothing to make her doubt that.

Except for Juyeon, the boy who didn't let her sleep at night. Her mind raced with images of him and his perfect face, which was so distraught looking when he was asking about Sunwoo. Apart from Eric's words, she had no proof he liked her, but her heart told her that he could.

Her eyes finally met someone's, the glance from her brother who looked at the girl in confusion.

She simply returned a smile, trying not to worry her brother anymore than he seemed. Her eyes drifted along the table, to see a similar expression worn upon Jacob's face.

He saw the girl seemed out of it, her head seemed elsewhere, but what could he do about that?

His heart told him to leave the lunch table, gather his things and ask her to go a walk, but the presence of Sangyeon prevented him from doing so, and how he wished he wasn't so respectful, or cowardly.

And he only began to wish harder when someone from the table rose up, and followed the girl.

"What is he doing?" Sangyeon groaned, watching as the dark haired boy jogged to catch up with her.

"I wouldn't worry about it," Younghoon nudges him. "It's Kevin, he wouldn't try anything."

Jacob watched as the boy disappeared into the halls, his heart thumping in his chest. He now felt hopeless.

But he wasn't the only one, for Sunwoo caught a glimpse of the girls concerned face and done nothing about it, because he didn't feel like it was his place to.

And neither did Juyeon, who watched as the girl disappeared from his view with the elder boy walking after her.

"Is she friends with him?" He asked Eric, still staring at the corridor.

"Meh," he shrugs, before a small smile creeped up on his face. "Why don't you go get her?"

"I planned on it," Juyeon replied, his hand already clutching at his school bag and his legs halfway off of the chair. "I'll be back soon."

"Don't rush," Eric said smugly, smiling proudly at his friend who ran after the girl.

Across the hall, the red haired boy watched as Juyeon left the lunch hall, and his stomach dropped, why couldn't his feet carry him to her like they always did before?