twenty seven

"You're crazy," the girl shook her head as she looked towards the dark path

"You're crazy," the girl shook her head as she looked towards the dark path. "Why did you even come this far?"

"No one will see us here," Sunwoo shrugged, offering his hand to the girl which she gladly took.

It was a strange sensation when they held hands, although they both felt stupid for feeling the butterflies when they had did much more than hold hands.

"Are we just going to sit in the dark all night?" Nari chuckled when the boy came to a halt.

"Maybe," he said, turning towards her. "I just wanted to see you."

The girl blushed, she was convinced if there was any light around she would be more embarrassed about how red her cheeks had just flushed as opposed to the boys words.

"Well, you can't really see me," she shrugs, as the boy let's out a breathy chuckle, his hand never leaving hers.

"It's you, I know how beautiful you are, that's good enough," he said, his thumb rubbing circles on her hand.

"When did you get so sappy?" She chuckled, narrowing her eyes in an attempt to see him in the dark.

She felt his words, though. She didn't need to see him to know what a sight he was either.

"When I realised I haven't felt like this before," he said so casually as though his words wouldn't change the dynamics of Nari's whole situation.

He was the only one to express how he felt so abruptly. He was honest, forward, and he liked her, she couldn't get past that.

For she really liked him too, regardless of how she felt for Juyeon and Jacob. At this point, she just couldn't tell who the feelings were most powerful towards.

However, in this moment, she only wanted the boy who stood before her. The one who wouldn't let her slide.

"Is that so?" Nari attempted to say casually, earning a scoff from the boy followed by a chuckle. "What was that for?"

"Is it that hard to say you like me too, or am I mistaken?" He teased her, making her heart thump in her chest.

She had only told him once, and even then her words were laced with guilt. She thought her actions would show him otherwise, but she realised that maybe she had to be more vocal - just as she hoped Juyeon to be.

"You know I like you," she shook her head as though ashamed, but she was only ashamed of the thoughts of him.

"Could have fooled me," he joked, making the girl peak up.