eleven

He was still yellow, but he didn't shine so brightly in her life anymore

Sure, he was still the most handsome man she had laid eyes upon, but he didn't seem so special, and Nari didn't know if that was a good for a bad thing.

When working together, he would take the time to converse with her, but he noticed she was slipping.

And to Ju Haknyeon, letting a girl slip from his grasp wasn't something he would condone.

For being yellow, he was cowardly. He didn't express his feelings well, and often if he had good intentions - they would be overshadowed by his mounting jealousy and ego.

"Do you know that guy?" Younghoon nods towards the group of boys who sat at the table beside them.

"Who?" Nari asks, taking a sip of her carton as her eyes wandered around the hall.

"Him," he nods again, making himself more than obvious - but Younghoon didn't care. It was rare that anyone would speak up to him anyway.

Her eyes meet Haknyeon's, narrowing her eyes to make sure he was properly looking at her, to which she gave him a smile and nod. There wasn't much else she could say or do, she didn't even feel remotely the way she used to.

"Haknyeon?" She asks casually, shrugging her shoulders as she turned to the boy. "I work with him, you idiot, it's like you never listen to me."

"Pretty sure you refrain from talking about boys to me because of Sangyeon," he nudges her. "He's handsome."

"Yeah he is," Nari says in a breath. "And?"

Younghoon blinks at her a few times, standing still as she looks at him with a raised eyebrow. "This is the part where you say - Younghoon, he isn't as handsome as you."

"That goes without saying," she shrugs, earning a smile from the boy who was like her brother. "Are holes still getting burnt through my head?"

The boy looks over, seeing Haknyeon still giving the girl a glance every few seconds, before he turns to her and nods.

"Seems like someone's got a crush."

The girl wiped the sweat beads from her head, she had worked hard today, harder than usual. She seemed to have much more on her mind, working was her only escape - and that felt weird for her to say.

Customers and other staff could see the effort she put in today, the forced smiles and the never ending sweat beams.

It had nothing to do with the fact that Ju Haknyeon appeared half way through her shift. Not at all anything to do with him.

"How have things been?" He asked casually, looking at the girl who seemed tired.

"Hectic," Nari forces a quick smile. "Why are you here?"