epilogue

"Can I look yet?"

"Can I look yet?"

"If you want," Jungeun chewed her bottom lip nervously, looking down at her best friend who clenched her eyes closed. "Maybe you should wait a minute-"

"So I am?" Nari exclaimed, tears rimming her eyes although they were closed tightly, spilling as her hands flew up to her face.

The blonde stood awkwardly, offering her hand as the girl simply sobbed. "Nari, do you want to be alone?"

"No," she answered simply, looking up at the girl who placed the test upon the sink cabinet. Her eyes followed it, seeing the double line was enough to make her feel even more nauseous than she had these past few days. "Stay, please."

"Okay," Jungeun said simply, crouching down to sit on the bathroom floor as she squeezed her best friends hand.

The silence was overwhelming, Nari didn't know if she appreciated it or not. Words would help defer her mind from the mess that she had found herself in, and truthfully - the blonde realised that.

"We always find ourselves here," she chuckled, watching as the girl smiled for the first time in what felt like weeks. "The bathroom floor really is our place."

"It is," Nari laughed shakily, rolling her head to look at the girl with worried eyes. "I'm so scared, Jungeun."

"Talk to me about it," she answered genuinely, squeezing her hand again. "Let it all out."

The girl looked up at the test, the knot in her stomach only tightening as she thought about how from here on out - her life would never be the same.

"I should be over the moon, shouldn't I?" Nari breathed out, before sucking in another breath harshly. "Being a mother, it should be a gift."

"That's how we're shaped to feel," the blonde reasoned with a tut. "I don't believe for one minute that's how we should feel."

For as long as she could remember, the girl was certain she didn't want a child. Growing up, even around younger family, the prospect of interacting with a child was nothing short of awkward.

That mothering nurture and nature that radiated off other people she knew was something that was absent for her.

And for as long as she could remember, she thought she would most definitely change her mind, especially with Juyeon.

The thought of having a family with him was a warm thought, but she was never sure she wanted to pursue it. At this age, especially.

"I'm too young," Nari groaned, placing her head in her hands. "I'm not even thirty yet. I don't have a clue what I'm doing with my life, how can I provide for another life?"

"You don't have to," Jungeun sighed. "You have other options, Nari."

"I know I do," the girl clenched her eyes closed. "But I'm so scared, no matter what I choose to do."