A Walk on the Beach

Chapter 36

Freya

I stared at myself in my bedroom mirror not fully recognizing the woman before me.Roman knew how to make a fashion statement and Diana really pulled everything together. She decided to go with a full gown that swished when I walked. The top part had long sheer sleeves made completely of an intricate delicate lace that hung off my shoulders and formed into the heart-shaped neckline. My waist looked tinier in the hint of gold and silver off of the red only intensified the shimmering effect the dress already exhumed. My makeup was done heavily in dark browns, The blush on my cheeks made me look younger combined with the natural pink lip shade on my mouth. I pinned my hair up in curls. The only jewelry I wanted to wear was my wedding ring and a tiny gold flame necklace that just appeared around my neck.

I felt, foreign in my own body as a storm raged on outside. There was a tingling sensation that I had been dealing with ever since I left Cosimo at the castle. Something was off, something big but I didn't know it. Maybe it was because I was about to come face to face with Poseidon or maybe I was still worried about Damon.

I didn't even want to go to this stupid thing tonight. I wanted Cosimo to tell me how I could bring us demigods back to life. But he wouldn't share that with me. Cosimo wanted me to think it over long and hard before I made any rash decision. But I had already made up my mind. I wanted to do this. I just had to convince Cosimo I was ready...some how.

Knock knock

"Come in", I said snapping out of my bad mood. I wasn't going to crumble in front of Poseidon not tonight. I could do that after the party. But tonight, I will be poised and indifferent.

I can do this.

"Ma'am, we're ready for you", Winston said with a bow at the door. He was dressed formally in tails

"HREE!" Drakus screeched diving down from the chandelier. I thought I lost him after Keno. But I think he's just a vagabond who shows up when he feels like it and leaves just as quickly. He was here when I got back from the castle. And crimson never left my bed so I think she was quite comfortable with Onyx. The two seemed to think this space was designated especially for them.

"Stop it", I said reaching out my hand so Drakus could land. He did so happily before crawling up my arm and settling around the neck,"You are such a drama queen. Winston is a friend".

Drakus purred almost as if I had offended him with my comment,"I'll be right out".

"Very good, ma'am", Winston said with another bow before gently shutting the door.

I slipped on my sliver heels and spoke to myself,"Is there any chance you can tell me how you made yourself big? I could use a full-sized dragon tonight".

Drakus rubbed his head against my cheek lovingly as if he understood the turmoil I was going through. "I'll take that as a no. But we're trying. I'll figure it out eventually".

I kissed the top of Drakus's head and and took him off of my shoulder and placed him on the bed next to Crimson who lazily meowed as if to say this California king size bed isn't big enough for the three of us. "Share, I'll be back".

"Meow!" I pet Crimson and Onyx. I wonder if because they were a part of me they could feel how nervous I was. Because they looked just as worried as I felt.

"I'll be fine guys. Be good", I said heading for the door but paused with my hand on the door knob.

I am strong.