The Book

Chapter 54

Freya

We came back to manson. I was ecstatic that Damon was it really taking the initiative with our future with the house and adopting it was enough to make any girl swoon. But, they were the sinking dread in the back of my head. The kind that started off small but would faster and rot until it bubbled out.

Damon headed back to The Academy to pack a few things and I wanted to track down Cosimo.

"HREE!" Drakus screehed perfectly perched in one of the windows as I walk down the hallway. He pushed his head against The glass window as if trying to fight something on the other side.

A loud raspy caw answered Drakus's screeh,"Are you fighting the brids?"

Drakus paid no attention to me as he stood on his hind legs and stretched out his tiny wings trying to be threatening to a black crow two times his size. The crow was obviously amused pecking its large beak into the window which only aggravated Drakus. "Hey buddy, he can't hurt you".

"HREEER!"

Okay.

I lowered the blinds on the cold dark day outside,"There now you two can't play".

That didn't make Drakus any less frustrated or annoyed. He just flew to a different window and the crow followed,"Okay well, you too frenemies have fun".

"Is the crow one of your familiars too?" I jumped at the sound of Alexander's voice. I turned around and Alexander was covered in sweat, blood and dirt. He looked like he just went to war dressed in all black.

"Jesus, what happened?" I extended out my hand to his scratched bloody cheek wanting to heal him only for him to stop me.

"I don't need you mothering me".

I took my hand back not expecting that outburst,"Someone's in a pissy mood".

"Tired and hungry".

"Doesn't mean you need to be a dick about it", I chastised. Maybe Alexander was more like his father than I thought.

Alexander rolled his eyes and ran his fingers through his locks of blonde hair,"Is that your familiar or not?"

"Where did you just come from?"

"Poland", He said walking past me and throwing up the window. He shooed the crow away with a ball of fire making Drakus happy.

"You went to close the Veil?" Last time I checked Alexander wasn't a God Killer. So how could he close the Veil?

"I'm a son of Zeus", He said slamming the window down.

"Yep, you really are showing it".

"It's been a long day, and I really don't want to hear it", He frowned as Drakus flew over to me and rested on top of my head.

"Well, you can go fuck yourself and we'll get out of your hair", I said turning around and going back the way I came. "Have fun bleeding all over the place".

"I'm not in the book", he announced with too much base in his voice.

"Excuse me?" I said turning around.

"The book".

Drakus purred on top of my head shaking his entire body,"You're going to have to break it down for me. I have no idea what book you're talking about".

I mean I have the books Hades and Athena gave me. Both of which kind of redacted some stuff. But I don't think that's the book he's talking about.

"Out of the 12 main gods they each have a book with all of their descendants and all of their stories and adventures they've had over a lifetime. It gets passed down so that the next generation can learn from their life struggles, trials and tribulations. I'm not in the book. It's like I never exist. But you know who is in the book: Hercules, Ares, Perseus, Alexander the Great, Helen, Lacedaemon, Epaphus even fucking Dardanus".