You Always Have a Choice

Chapter 42

Freya

Our jump took us to the middle of nowhere crawling out of the bank of a river in the middle of a forest. The river has a strength that is reflected in the trees. It flows on with confidence, taking the form of the river bed, billions of drops moving together. The community of trees stands tall, trunks reaching into the blue above, light filtering through leaves like perfect stained glass.

I crawled out of the river feeling like a drowned rat desperate to get to land. I heard the slushing sound of footsteps coming up behind me and a hand was extended down to me. I took it and saw the hand belonged to the knight,"Are you all right, my lady?"

I coughed up whatever murky river water I had swallowed check my head yes as we came to stand on the bank,"Good to go".

"And where be this place?" Mr Darcy asked this time even looking even paler But all struck at the world around him.

"Certainly not Elysium", The barbarian looking man said stopping his way through the water over to us. He was still only draped in a white sheet that he had tied around his waist.

"Not your Elysium", The blonde man said sitting on a log.

Oh great I brought back a bunch of divas. Without even thinking I pulled the water from my body and tossed it back into the river.But I was still freezing cold so I used my fire elemental to warm myself.

"You can control two elements?" The knight asked in with excitement in his blue eyes. They were beautiful with a golden caramel radiated from each pupil as if it were a bright new sun.

"I can control all of them..." and a few other things. I didn't know if I was supposed to tell them I was a god killer. I didn't know how this crowd would take it but I wanted to make sure we started off on a good foot.

"Oh, you're one of Zeus's bastards?"The barbarian said bluntly  squeezing water out of his locks of hair.

"Get fucked", The blonde said offended standing up the ball of fire in his hand ready to attack.

"Hey! I just rest everything to bring you guys back to life. Can we have at least five minutes of peace?"

"No, descendant of Zeus could be powerful enough to raise the dead. One of the primordials created you? Gaia or Chaos", The Mr Darcy look alike said sending an arrow through my heart.

I think it's the shock of just hearing Gareth's name that killed me,"No, I'm...." Reluctantly,"One of Ares".

"Oh, an Amazon that makes sense", The barbarian smiled.

"The Amazons were all wiped out before I died. So you're not one of those. You're a witch or just some elemental", The blonde said reminding me more and more of Zeus. So the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

"I'm Freya and honestly does it matter? You've been given a second chance in life and the world could really use some demigods right now", I exclaimed as the night took off his cape and placed it around my shoulders.

"Well, The Brotherhood, if they still even exist killed me. So I highly doubt the world wants us back", The Mr Darcy look alike said grimley.

I definitely wasn't going to be the one to tell him they existed. I was putting a pin in that,"Why what's happened?"

"Before I give you this terrible news maybe I can get your names?" I suggested? "I'm Freya. I can control all the elements and I can teleport".

"Lord Christian Thornton ", the knight said with a slight bow,"Son of Aphrodite and my element is wind".