Tonight

Chapter 22

Freya

"...And they lived happily ever after", I finished reading Snow White to Cecelia.

"Wow, that's like mommy and Ares", she said dreamily. I tucked her in to bed and  ignored that last comment.

"We got a big day tomorrow. We're going to get you back to your normal age. Hopefully, Alaric will be all healed up and we'll take it from there".

"And then I will be a big sister", She smiled.

"You never stopped", I promised. "I'll see you in the morning. Night night".

"Good night", she said getting comfortable in her king sized bed. I collected my shoes at the head of the bed and shut the door to let her sleep. I move silently throughout the apartment. Just as I was about to head back to the bedroom Damon had originally let me sleep in I passed by alaric's bedroom. He was out cold. "Feel better".

I shut his door and made my way back to the original bedroom to find it empty.

"Damon?" I searched around and found no one.

Damon?

I'm here.

Here where?

I asked wandering back in to the living room. A stared out the wall windows up to the night. The moon graced the sky as if she'd had some bright idea, something brilliant needed to shine upon the Earth. And in the night sky were stars, as if God had sprinkled them so sugar-sweet upon the most perfect of black birthday cakes.

"Right here", Damon said coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my life. We swayed a little as he kissed me behind my ear making a melt into his body.

"How's your head?" I purred.

"Ready for round two", he chuckled. Damon swept me off of my feet And without even breaking a sweat carried me into a hallway and up a flight of stairs into what looked like another apartment. Candles and roses were scattered everywhere. A roaring fire was going in the corner the four pillar wooden bed set looked so inviting and the two chandeliers above refracted the fiery embers. The room was modern with a 70-in television on the wall But had a touch of old worldness craftsmanship you just didn't see anymore from the curved archways and beautiful hardwood floors. Soft music played in the group, "Oh my God, when did you have time to do all this?"

"I was doing a lot more than just buying flowers. You wanted candles and roses", he said proudly."And I have one more thing".

"Really? This is so much and so sweet. I don't even know what to say", I was at a lost for words. I really didn't expect anything like this.

"Close your eyes".

"Why?"

"Close them, and when you open them you'll see", I couldn't say no to that smile so I close my eyes.

"All right", I agreed excitedly. since Damon was still carrying me I felt him cross the room and open a door and the cool wind of the night hit my skin. Damon put me down my feet touching cold concrete but nevertheless excited to see what was before me.

"Open them now", slowly I did and gasped from shock.

"It's sparkles!"I explained feeling like my mind had exploded. I had never seen the Eiffel tower this close before. And I didn't even think it's sparkled like rare diamonds at night. I leaned over the concrete banister completely awestruck.

"It dose", Damon said leaning forward on his elbow. "The whole world at your feet".

"I wish I could take a picture", Mom had always wanted to go to Paris but once she had me that was kind of a pipe dream.