Happy Wedding Day

Chapter 24

Freya

"I just want a couple pictures", my mom insisted.

"We're going to be late",I said eyeing the clock.

"Nonsense", She said whipping out her phone and struggling to get to the camera app. "We're going to get you there on time. Just go stand by the window".

"By the window", Cecilia Said coming to stand by my mom like her little shadow.

"Are we going to fix her?" I asked.

"Yes!" Alaric shouted.

Struggling without her glasses my mom still focused in on her phone and absent-mindedly said,"Yes, yes, Ares can you?"

"Her mind is still fragile---"

"If you're not going to change her back I will", My mom tossed Aries her phone and he caught it in one hand and looked at the device just as confused as she was.

"How do you work this thing?"Ares said holding the phone like it was some kind of a brick.

"Are you serious?" I heard Leo gasp.

"The mighty God of war brought down by an iPhone", I laughed only Alaric joinned in after getting a death stare from Ares which killed all lighness.

"You", Ares barked at Bash who flinched just at the attention,"You use this".

"Yes, my Lord", Bash said respectfully taking the phone.

"How about a please? Because he doesn't have to", I added

"Please don't bring me into this conflict", Bash said under his breath. "I'll be happy to take pictures for you, my Lord".

Bash did exactly as he was told as Ares hovered over him intimidatingly. I pulled Damon over to the window. We still inside by side but Damon's arm around my waist and I smiled as hard as I could wanting to savor this moment for as long as I could. I kept smiling waiting for a flash or something. The world seemed to stop suspended in a moment. Everything was frozen. I looked up to Damon and saw he was picture-perfect still.

"All this time and you still can't tie, a tie", Roman said appearing in a black suit that looked like it was made just for him. He undid Damon's tie mumbling to himself,"Biggest day of your life and you look like a bum".

"Geez how do you really feel?"Romans head snapped towards me in shock.

"You can see me?"

Roman worked on retiring the tie as I answered,"Should I not be able to?"

"If it worked on your father it should definitely work on you", I looked over to Ares who was halfway through crossing his arms and in between a blink. "Interesting".

"How did you find us?" I asked.

"Blood can always find blood. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if you're MIA my brother is probably MIA too", Roman finish retieing the tie and pulled out a comb to start styling Damon's hair. "Nice work in Keno, by the way".

"Thank you".

"I take it by now you know about the bounty Zeus is offering?" Roman asked.

"Yes", I felt my heart sink for a moment.

"The Order will not be participating just for your information".

"Why? isn't that the orders thing to basically take the best deal for self-preservation and birthright and all that bull?" I said not expecting his answer.