It Was a Great Speech

Chapter 47

Freya

"I don't like it", I said looking at my reflection in the mirror. Cosimo somehow had found time to find us clothes for this announcement. He had taste I'll give him that it's just I didn't have fat in the right places. The black bandage bodycon dress would be gorgeous on Cecilia or my mom because they had boobs and butt. I just had butt and thighs. I tried resituating the v neckline and straps to pull them up higher But that only made me feel shorter with the ruffled hem. I felt like a kid playing dress up.

Christian was completely engaged with the TV. He was really into the Disney channel That's why we were having a high school musical movie marathon. I pulled the dress back down giving up on trying to look like something I clearly wasn't. The red heels were the highest I had ever worn. And since I had done my makeup and completely curled my hair I wasn't a complete lost. I came out of my bathroom and into the main sitting area with Christian.

He looked gorgeous and his navy blue suit, tan shoes and red tie. Much better than the mixed ensemble he picked out himself. Alexander had even given him a haircut You couldn't tell the man sitting on the couch was a medieval knight.

"Be honest what do you think?" I said striking a pose in the doorway. At the sound of my voice Christian immediately stood up.

"Straight fire". That caught me off guard. My eyes bugged out and I couldn't help but smirk,"Was that correct?"

"Yes. If you had said anything else I would have cried", I looked over to the TV to see I guess he must have finished his High School musical Marathon,"What are you watching?"

"It's Julie and the Phantoms. It's an enchanting series of love, music, family and the power of friendship".

I could tell by his smile it made him happy,"I'll have to add it to my watch list".

"It's helping me get caught up on the lingo of today". I walked over to Christian excited to see what he had to share. And to help him with his tie, It's not like they were the most easiest thing to master. The only reason I knew how to tie a tie was by watching my grandpa do it every Sunday before he and Grandma went off to church. Of course I could never go with them but I liked watching them get ready as a kid.

"Do share".

"Lit AF", He over enunciated.

"And what does it mean?"

"Haven't the faintest of clues. But I assume it is a compliment to hold someone in high regard?"

"Let's go with that", I said finishing up with his tie.

"And this is common dress for today's world?"

"Kind of special occasion. We're just eye candy today", I shrugged.

"I know... I must walk a fine line when I say...does your attire not welcome the male glaze in a unvirtuous way that might do damage to your reputation?"

I had to think for a minute before I finally blurted out,"Are you calling me a whore?"

"No, no I think you're quite lovely. It's just you leave nothing to the imagination. Does your husband approve of such dress?"

"Wow, really? Haven't you been watching TV all day with women wearing a lot less?"

"It is enthralling... yet concerning", he said look straight down to my chest.

I snapped my fingers to get his attention,"Hey, I'm up here".

"Apologies...it was not "cash money" of me", I doubled over and bursted into a loud harsh cackle of laughter.