✘1.30

You're so beautiful that I'm scared

The shopping centre was grand, six floors high with the large glass panes at the very top which let the afternoon sun emerge through, casting iridescent gleams around the large building

Various different types of stores were situated around and Aria was quick to link her arm through Donghyuck's with her face lit up- pulling him along with her.

Chaerin was next to Jisoo, rambling on about how she was excited for Jisoo to try more styles of clothing.

Jisung caught up to his girlfriend, hands interwoven and Chaerin glanced up at him, sending him a smile to which he returned.

Realising Renjun wasn't near them, Jisoo stopped and looked behind her, eyes falling on the Demon who was quite a distance away walking slowly.

She didn't move, allowing him to catch up yet he hadn't realised she was stood there until he looked up to see the bright smile on her lips which accentuated her dimples, flawless skin gleaming under the natural light.

"We'll lose them, come on." She spoke, making sure Renjun was near her as she began walking over to the rest of the group who had entered a store.

"Don't you think Chae would look good in this leather jacket?" Aria asked, earning Jisoo's attention and her honey brown swirling eyes fleeted to the item of clothing where she earnestly nodded.

"It would look really good, you should try it on."

"You know, I feel like Jisoo is the Mum of the group- it's nice to have someone mature over here." Chaerin muttered at the end.

"Hey! I'm mature." Donghyuck gasped and Aria sent him a disgusted look.
Jisoo giggled softly, shaking her head.

"But, I can't help but think you're purposely not getting closer to us." Chaerin continued as she scanned through the clothing racks.

Jisoo's heart immediately plummeted, snapping her head up with her lips slightly parted.
"Me?"
Chaerin nodded, pursing her lips before turning to look at her, head tilted.

"You aren't scared of us are you?"
Jisoo shook her head, not wanting to give them the wrong idea.

"No! It's not that, believe me all of you are really great actually...it's just hard for me to make friends easily and especially adjusting to being a Human- please don't think I'm doing it on purpose because I really do enjoy your guys' company."

There was a pat on her back, Donghyuck chuckling at her rant.
"Don't worry, they're just weary of people nowadays."

"Yeah, we've taken such a liking to you but I think I'm just scared maybe you'll leave." Chaerin admitted, biting the inside of her cheek as she shook her head. "I know it sounds ridiculous-"

"It's not ridiculous, I understand. I'll always be here for you, you know that right?" Jisoo reached Chaerin- her fingers lightly brushing over the younger girl's cheek- making her look up.

Jisoo's palm comfortingly rested on Chaerin's cheek as she smiled at her- subconsciously her gentle thumb brushed over her cheekbone.

"You can trust me Chaerin, I won't leave you." Jisoo said quieter, looking into the youngers eyes where pain and betrayal swam inside.

She nodded, swallowing down the lump in her throat.

Jisoo could tell the girl had gone through a lot, becoming stronger in character as she grew up but still struggled with her emotions, the pressures that had been thrown on her made Jisoo's heart clench.

Her warmth leaving Chaerin, Jisoo stepped back still smiling- handing over the leather jacket and the trousers she picked out.
"Go try it on, we'll wait for you."

There was a silence as they watched the youngest of the group disappear in the changing room before Jisung sighed.

"I feel like it's my fault."
"What is?" Aria asked, furrowed brows.

Jisung shrugged, rubbing the back of his neck.
"Just...after everything that's happened she's never once complained but it's hard for her to keep losing the people around her. Her Angel friends, Seyeon and Jieu-"

Renjun interjected before Jisung could continue.
"She has us, don't worry too much."

"It's weird to think she was friend's with the Angels once."
A scoff came from Renjun.
"Angels, what idiots."

"They aren't idiots." Jisoo spoke up, making Renjun glance at her a raise a brow.

"What's the point defending them when you can't even be seen with them anymore? You're not one of them anymore you know?"

Jisoo's bright, optimistic expression and glint in her eyes ceased after his words, he could tell by the way her dimples faded and the light in her eyes diminished.

She swallowed the dryness in her throat, blinking a few times as if his words hit her like a truck.

"Renjun," Donghyuck said warningly and Jisoo took a small breath and smiled reassuringly.
"Sorry, I just need some fresh air but don't wait for me."

"Jisoo-!" Aria began, watching as the Fallen girl exited the store and blended in with the crowd of people.

"You stupid little-" Aria began angrily but Jisung put a hand on her shoulder and she huffed. "What's your fucking problem Renjun, huh? What is it- what did she do to you?" Aria asked, moving closer to her brother.

"What? Are you scared that you'll lose control again around a human?"
"Shut up." Renjun gritted out.

Aria scoffed, shaking her head.
"You're pathetic, you can punish yourself all you want but don't take it out on the girl who's been nothing but nice to you. She doesn't deserve that from you."

Renjun's tongue pushed into the side of his cheek, indomitable eyes growing red in rage.

"I'm pathetic, I fucking know okay? I killed my own girlfriend- I killed her! Can you blame me for not wanting to be buddies with some human?" He spat out, gritted teeth.

Aria looked up at her brother who's eyes glistened with rage and sadness.

"It hurts Dai, it hurts me too you know-" his fist that was clenched by his side was now fisted around the material of his top above his chest.

His voice fell quieter as the group didn't dare speak as he snapped.

"I'd rather be the bad guy than kill someone else, I can't handle the guilt of that."

Damn 😳👀

Damn 😳👀