✘1.58

You've become the reason of my existence that I can't live without you

Surging from his bare palms, the crackling of the burnt orange flames spread like wildfire around the ring- catching onto the feet of the chanting witches and licking up their bodies with the raging waves of fire

Almost immediately, a frenzy consumed the forest as the witches began to scream in agony of being burnt alive- the scent of flesh ablaze infiltrated the atmosphere but Renjun's chest heaved up and down as he stood up.

Teleporting over to the girl who layed on her stomach, the lilac dress sprawled out around her as her face became concealed by her dark messy hair.

Suppressing the urge of his demonic side away, he grunted in the pain that flushed around him but fell to his knees in front of the unmoving girl- reaching out with shaky hands as he tried to blink away his hazy vision.

The warm feeling of liquid drooled from his nose, lifting the back of his hand to wipe it away only to see blood.

It was expected seeing as he would become weaker after taking on the strong ego of the Demon.

"Jisoo, sweetheart-" he began, careful to touch her in case she was severely hurt but his fingers trembled so much that he though his body was going into a full blown panic attack.

His fingers brushed the hair out of her face, able to see her face clearer now and he could see her weakly blinking to keep her eyes open which allowed relief to course through him.

"Jisoo," he began, his hand sliding under her head to reposition her on her back instead of her front.

Through the overwhelming scent of the burning flesh and the bleeding witches, it didn't occur to him that the blood could have also been of someone else's.

That's until Jisoo was turned over and her pretty lilac dress was soaked in red, making his face fall.

She was fading in and out of consciousness, the energy of staying away diminishing as she opened her mouth to speak but it pained her too much to even attempt to utter a single word.

Renjun couldn't believe his eyes, panic consuming him whole as he took Jisoo to lay half in his arms.

"Jisoo? Shit, Jisoo sweetheart." His gut twisted inside of him at the sight. "You...you have to stay awake." He spoke, looking up to see Chaerin collapsing onto the ground as she watched in horror and pain at the girl she had become close to.

"Hey, Jisoo- hey you have to, you have to stay a-awake." Renjun's hand placed itself on her wound as the spell had pierced right through her body at the last second due to the witches stopping their chant at the peak.