✘1.26

Renjun hadn't said anything, not that it would make a difference as he was never one to strike up the conversation first unless needed

Jisoo awkwardly trailed behind him, ever so often she would glance over her shoulder in case Haru decided to follow her.

Her gaze travelled to his slightly red knuckles up his arm to the side of his face which was illuminated by the beautiful sunset.

A smile grazed her lips, dimples appearing as she quickened her pace just a bit so she could reach him- standing in front of him.

Renjun wasn't expecting her to stop him from walking, he was too deep in thought to realise, eyes falling to the girl who was beaming up at him with a smile- eyes crinkling at the corners.

She radiated an aura, an energy of happiness something the boy lacked.
"Thank you Renjun, truly. I really appreciate it, for what you did back there."

He hadn't replied straightaway, watching as she spoke sincerely with a smile on her face towards the boy.
Renjun lacked emotions to people he wasn't close with, creating a barrier which people always assumed he was rude, malevolent and uncaring.

But this girl in front of him, hadn't ever judged him for being a demon, instead she treated him quite the same as everyone else despite him constantly putting her down.

"I had a lot of friends in Heaven but after...everything that happened and being sent here I didn't have any friends and I really appreciate the kind act for me- not that I'm calling us friends!" She panicked. "I know you don't want to be friends with me, I'm just...it's nice to know I'm not completely alone."

Jisoo shook her head with a smile, humoured at her own words.
"Nevermind any of that, just thank you. Have a good day!" She hurried out, turning around and crossing the street where she took a turn into another one.

Renjun let out a small sigh as she left.
"Alone...someone like you-" he caught himself, shaking his head and continuing to walk.

"Hey there Fallen."
"Oh hi Donghyuck, how are you?" Jisoo asked as she looked up to see the boy arriving at the cafeteria table.

"I'm good, you?" He asked lazily, slumping down on the seat.
"I'm great, thank you. Aren't you eating?"

Donghyuck raised a brow.
"Demons don't really need to eat, we mainly need blood to keep energy up."

Jisoo nodded, acknowledging it.
"Yes, you should keep your energy up after all."

Donghyuck snickered at her comment before sitting up and looking at her with a tilt of his head.
"You're strange."
"Oh...I guess people perceive others differently so I can see why you think so."

"Damn...why are you always talking so deep?"
"Do I? Oh, I don't notice it." She shrugged, picking the fluff from her top.

"Are you fitting in here good- earth and all?"
She paused at his question, avoiding his eyes.