✘1.38

"Oh

"Oh...well I could also maybe alternate days?" She reasoned and Renjun narrowed his eyes at her.

"Why?"
"Hm?" She hummed confused by his question as she looked up at him with the purest brown in her eyes staring back up at him.

"What have they done for you since you became a fallen- you would be alone if we didn't let you come sit with us."

"But Renjun...I've known them my whole life." She said quietly, glancing over at the Angels who were laughing amongst themselves.

"Did you even think of us," he motioned to the demon group. "As your friends."

"Of course I do." She furrowed her brows. "I said I would alternate between so I can spend time with all of you."

Renjun scoffed airily.
"Yeah you say that but that's not what's going to happen. I know as soon as you go to them you'll probably forget all about us right?"

Aria sighed, looking at Donghyuck who couldn't help but feel the same way. He loved having Jisoo as a friend but ultimately the Angels would naturally be her first choice.

"Why are you so angry? Are you angry at me- I'm not going to choose between you guys and them-"
Renjun turned to face her with an unreadable emotion in his eyes as he spoke.

"If you had the chance to go back to heaven would you?" Jisoo nodded and he continued. "And if you went to heaven and were granted the position of a guardian angel like you were meant to then would you still be friends with us Demons?"

The fallen girl opened her mouth to speak but ultimately hesitated as they both maintained eye contact.

"But that wouldn't happen now anyway."
"What if it did- you would still take the chance and you'd go back to hating Demons right?"

Jisoo felt overwhelmed by his hostility and she swallowed down the dryness scraping down her throat.
"Renjun..." she trailed off quietly. "Why are you being like this?"

"We won't hate you if you choose to go to them Jisoo, I promise." Chaerin spoke with a gentle smile.

Jisoo looked down at her lap with her eyes on the ring with the guardian wings on it. She didn't know what to say but she felt disheartened by Renjun's words.

"I can't just choose between you guys...they're different to you and you're different to them and I have a different relationship with both."

"Maybe it's best if you just go to them."
Jisoo glanced up at Renjun with a hurt across her face, a small frown on her lips.

"I don't understand why you're being like this...do you- do you want me to go?"

She looked into his eyes, but it was nothing there to behold but an endless depth of inky black hostility and a shimmer of guilt.