✘1.17

After escalating to the height it did, Renjun was sat in his seat hunched over with his elbows on the desk- fist clenched tightly on the pencil in hand- causing it to snap under pressure

Jisoo's eyes watched him as his jaw clenched as he stared ahead angrily, though she could only see the side of his face.

She wondered what meaning Ayana's words had towards him to affect him this much but she shrugged it off and turned her full attention to the front.

"So this term we decided to switch it up a bit and have you guys create a portfolio on a specific topic- in pairs."

Jisoo's smile dropped, realising she knew no one really, except Jaemin but there was a 1 in 28 chance that she would be paired with him.

"Okay...Jisoo and Saeron." The teacher called out, Jisoo's head turning to the side and her eyes made contact with a girl's- sending the fallen a smile.

Jisoo smiled back at her partner, relieved it was someone nice.

"Renjun and Ayana-"
"What, no!" Ayana exclaimed furiously, standing up as Renjun narrowed his eyes at the teacher.
"I'm not working with her." He gritted out and the teacher gulped nervously under his eyes.

"Unfortunately I can't change it... please do your best to-" the teacher was cut off by Renjun's chair scraping back- clattering to the ground as he stood up and exited the classroom.

The teacher sighed, massaging her temples before her eyes landed on Jisoo who was closest to the door.
"Do you mind just checking on him... I don't want any deaths today." She muttered towards the end.

"M-me?" Jisoo stuttered out, her big eyes wide as the teacher nodded- motioning to the door Renjun left out of before turning back to teaching.

Jisoo gulped down the sudden dryness in her throat, slowly getting up from her seat as if she was waiting for the boy to walk through the doors again so that she wouldn't have to find him in his demonic state.

She turned out of the classroom, her eyes finding the quiet bleak halls that dragged on for ages, scanning around for his figure yet she couldn't see him.

A small sigh escaped her lips, fiddling with her fingers nervously as she walked through the eerily quiet hallway.

She peered her head around the corner to the next hallway, shoulders slumping when she didn't see him here.

Jisoo bit down on her bottom lip before she caught sight of someone familiar.
He was staggering through the halls with his hands on his head- head lowered in pain.

"Jeno?" Jisoo asked timidly, cautious as to what was happening. "Jeno...are you hurt?" She asked the boy who groaned at the searing pain sparking through his head.

"I'm okay." He murmured through the pain, taking a deep breath. "I'm going to go home...did something happen?" He asked the girl who hesitated.

"You haven't seen...Renjun have you?" She hoped he wouldn't question her too much or begin to wonder why she was looking for him.